Chapter Five: A Peaceful Morning

Izuku woke up early the next morning, rubbing his eyes as he looked up towards the dorm room window. Little light showed through as the morning sun barely peeked over the city buildings, keeping the room fairly dark. He looked away from the window as he now stared at the girl currently curled up next to him. With a leg over his own, her body pressed against his torso, and a hand gripping his nightshirt, Ochaco continued to sleep as her breaths remained slow and steady.

He couldn't help but admire her beauty as she peacefully slept away. Her smooth skin, her thick chocolate hair, and her pink lips. To think he had almost lost her only a few weeks ago. Memories of the previous missions flashed through Izuku's mind as his instinctive smile, triggered by looking at his girlfriend, slowly vanished as it turned into a worrisome frown. He had progressed much faster than he had anticipated with Ochaco around, supporting him every step of the way. But it wasn't fast enough. He had to protect her, and everyone else in the class. The day was soon arriving for their missions, and even though Izuku and Ochaco had some of the hardest missions of them all, that didn't mean the rest of the class had an easy mission ahead of them.

Izuku gently shook his head, trying to clear his mind from the upcoming event while also trying not to wake the sleeping beauty next to him. Now wasn't the time to think about their trials ahead of them. Today was a much more personal day, a day for Ochaco and himself to bond and reconnect after so much time focusing on nothing but worries and heroic duties. Izuku gently removed Ochaco's grip from his shirt as he slowly removed himself from the bed. He quickly grabbed his phone from the night stand, tapping it to simply check the time which was barely hitting five in the morning. His mother should be awake by now in the parental dorms that had been built next to the student dorms. This was the only time he could properly pay her a visit without spoiling the surprise for Ochaco.

Izuku quickly tapped a message on his phone before setting it back down, turning towards the closet to put on his usual work out shorts. He hadn't planned to do any workouts this morning, but the shorts were the most comfortable pair he had. A quick beep signaled from his phone as Izuku stretched out his body. With another quick tap of the screen, Izuku nodded as his mother gave the okay to visit.

Shoving the phone into his shorts pocket, Izuku headed towards the door, grabbing a notebook and a pencil on his way out. Opening the door, Izuku stepped out of the room, glancing back at Ochaco still laying in the bed. With a gentle smile, the door closed as Izuku made his way down the hallway.

* * *

"Oh, Izuku... Good morning," the shorter, green haired woman said with a smile when she opened her door. There Izuku stood, in a hallway similar to the Class 1-A dorms, in his white shirt and shorts as he reached out to hug his mother.

"Good morning, Mom," Izuku said as he pulled away. "Sorry to ask something of you so early."

"Not at all Izuku," his mother said, gesturing for him to enter the parent dorm room. Izuku nodded as he stepped inside the warm room. The sun was shining a bit brighter through the window now, faint light rays beaming through the closed curtains as Izuku was guided into the kitchen by his mother. The parental dorms were much larger than the student dorms. Each had their own kitchen and small living space, more suitable as a studio apartment than anything.

"So," Inko said as she threw an apron over her neck, beginning to tie it behind her back. "You wanted me to teach you how to cook?"

"Yeah," Izuku said, lifting a hand as he scratched the back of his head. "Ochaco and I are having a home date, and I thought it would be nice to make her something."

"Awww, look at my baby boy," Inko said as she smiled sweetly, gesturing towards the second apron folded up neatly on the counter top. "Turning into quite the gentleman I see."