CHAPTER 18

August's POV

After thousand check-ups, they put me in a private room for recovery. I wanted to move but my body was too fucking sore for doing anything. I could feel the itching of the stitches on my chest, arm, and abdomen.

I heard noises outside the room and I recognized Valerio's voice. The doorknob moved and the doctor entered the room with a smile.

After him, I saw Valerio. It was a long time ago when I saw him smile actually. And now it was a full-blown smile.
"You're a lucky fucker, Boss." He grinned.

The doctor cleared his throat and accusingly looked at Valerio.
"So, Mr.Odak went through all checkups and tests. Nothing was found wrong. But he will still stay in hospital so we can track his condition. If everything comes out fine in the end, he can go with proper care at home." The doctor explained.

"Thank you, Doc," Valerio said.

"See you later." He left me and Valerio in the room as he left.

"We were worried for you, Boss," Valerio stated.

"Thank you, but it's not needed. Your worries didn't help me." I chuckled sarcastically.

"Ungrateful bitch." Valerio muttered under his breath.

"What did you just say?" I growled.

"Noth-" Valerio started as he got interrupted by a little squeaky voice.

"PAPA!" Leon yelled as he stormed into the room with Laura following behind, laughing.

I smiled widely at my little son who climbed on the bed and knocked my breath out.
"Easy there." I chuckled.

He adjusted quickly next to me where he wasn't crushing me.
"I missed you, papa." He sulked.

"I missed you too. But do you know why I was sleeping?" I asked him.

"Mommy said you had to get better. Are you better now?"

"Yes, I am. So much better." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me gently.

"Where is Mia?" I finally asked. It was bothering me that she wasn't here yet.

"I'll tell you later." Laura chimed in and looked at Leon warningly. My heart beat faster and I couldn't help but think something bad happened.

"Will you go with Valerio and bring papa to drink something, son?" I suggested. He happily nodded and kissed my cheek quickly before jumping down. I was left alone with Laura.

She helped me put the pillow behind my back as I propped myself up. Her face wasn't looking concerned much but I was.

"Where is Mia? Why can't she come?" I shot up.

"She is having her daily check-up." She started. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Daily? Why daily? Is our baby okay?!"

"When you got admitted to the hospital, she was so stressed out and she had a high risk of miscarriage. The doctor told her until her first trimester is done, she has to avoid stress and lay in bed. She is already seven weeks, so five more weeks she has to rest. Then the doctor will decide if she can go home. Until then, she gets daily check-ups." Laura explained.

"I..." I started but couldn't finish. She must be in so much pain and stress. I wish I woke up earlier. They were both in so much danger and I was fucking sleeping. Fucking hell.

"I will ask the doctor to see her. Fuck, how did this happened?" I threw my head back on the pillow.

"Don't blame yourself, August. Things happened that no one can change now. You need to focus on your recovery so you can be with her again." She said. I nodded because she was right.

I could only imagine Mia scolding me for not taking care of myself and she would beat me up for that too. Silly girl. I will see her soon when I'm strong enough to walk again.

"Thank you, Laura. For everything." She smiled when the door busted open for the second time.

"Papa, the machine broke then we had to go down to buy a juice for you. I got apple juice for me and you have orange. And cranberry juice is for Laura." He explained giving us bottles.

"Thank you for thinking of me, Leon." Laura chuckled.

"And what did you buy for Valerio?" I asked him.

"He didn't want anything." Leon scrunched his nose. Valerio looked disinterested and I knew it was because he had to pay. Asshole.

"Thank you, buddy." I chuckled.

Mia's POV

"You're done for today, Miss Santiago," Melody said as she adjusted my pillow.

"Thank you, Melody. I feel tired already." I yawned. She smiled and pulled the blanket over my body.

"See you for the dinner later. Get some rest." She walked out of the room, leaving me alone again. I was feeling too lonely alone in the room which I was often.

"Little bean, I can't wait when I'm going to see your pretty face. I don't know if you are a boy or a girl, but mommy already loves you. Your daddy is also happy for you but he is still sleeping. Your older brother can't wait to play with you. But I will let you as soon as you are big enough. We are all waiting for you." I talked to my little bean as I rubbed my stiff stomach.

He or she was the only one who listened to me all the time. I loved talking to Leon or Laura, but it felt special bonding with the baby that was growing in my stomach. We were all excited about his or her arrival.

There was a soft knock on the door and Laura's head carefully peeked in. I waved her as she entered and closed the door.

"Are you done with check-up?" She asked, sitting on the bed.

"Yes. It was quick today." I said tiredly.

"I have to tell you something." She uttered excitedly.

"Hm, what is it?"

"August woke up early in the morning." My eyes widened at her words. I couldn't believe myself what I heard.

"Are you joking, Laura?" I asked as I grabbed her hands in mine.

"Of course not. The doctors did all tests on him and everything came out well. He is in the recovery room." She explained. I put my hands on my face as tears rolled down my cheeks.

My love is going to be okay finally.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.