CHAPTER 19

August's POV

"Since Giovanni has died unexpectedly, his company took over one who had most of his shares. Karter Wester is now the owner." Valerie explained.

"What about the underworld?" I asked.

"His gang fell apart and divided all of their money equally. There is no mafia boss Giovanni anymore." Valerie smirked.

"Fucking finally. He got what he deserved." I smiled. There will always be a danger for us, but now when is gone, I can be at peace.

I sat up in the bed and put my feet on the ground. Valerio extended his hand for me to hold and I gripped it. It was embarrassing how I needed help when I was always the one who was helping my men.

"Thank you."

My legs were a bit weak but once I took the first few steps after two weeks, it was better. My arm was aching a bit, but I didn't mind it.

"Do you feel better now?" Valerie asked.

"Yes. I just want to go see her." I sighed.

After a few minutes, I adjusted to walking without Valerio's help. It felt good doing something you haven't done in a while, even if it was just a mere walking for me.

"I think I'm able to go now." I decided. Valerio nodded and opened the door for me. I had changed into normal clothes before I left.

The doctor discharged me in the morning and I couldn't be more excited. I felt like a little kid going to see the presents for Christmas except my present was now Mia. The woman I love.

Valerio led me to the elevator as people were giving me surprised looks. Most of them recognized me and it made me uncomfortable in that situation.

"I can go by myself from now on. If Leon wants to come here, bring him right away.'' I said to him.

''I will.'' He nodded.

''Thank you.''

He told me the number of her room and I felt myself getting excited. How will she react? Will she be mad at me for not telling her I got discharged? Maybe.

I stood in front of room number 112. I didn't bother to knock as I pulled the doorknob. When I was entering I was met with a bland room and wheelchair in the corner.

My heart started beating faster when I saw her lying on the bed in a fetal position. She looked so little and skinny like she lost weight instead of gaining it.

I closed the door gently, seeing that she was asleep. I approached the bed and sat where was a little space left.
How did I get so lucky? She is the most beautiful woman I ever saw and she is mine. The thoughts about anyone laying their eyes on her made me angry and possessive.

She looked so peaceful sleeping without any worry in this world when in fact she was feeling overwhelmed by this whole situation that happened.

I leaned down and pressed my lips on hers. Fuck. I missed this. I wanted to wake her up so I can see her brown eyes again that held so much power over me.

''Baby, I miss you,'' I spoke brushing away her soft hair.

Her nose scrunched and she stirred a little making me chuckle at how adorable she looked. She opened her eyes a little and brought her arm up to rub the sleep away.

She mumbled something before she fully opened her eyes. She looked at me in shock before blinking again. She thought I'm not real.

''August?'' She asked before sitting up. Her hand reached and touched my cheek. A shiver ran down my body when I felt her touch.

''I'm not dreaming again?'' She asked and I could notice how glossy her eyes have become.

''No, baby. It's me this time.'' I reassured her and kissed her hand.

She flung herself on me without notice. Her frail arms wrapped around my neck almost choking me and my chest hurt a bit, but nothing I couldn't handle for my woman's hug.

''I missed you so much.'' She cried in my shoulder, making my white shirt wet.

''You don't think I missed you too? I almost went crazy when I woke up.'' I chuckled.

''I'm sorry, August. I'm sorry. If I hadn't escaped, this wouldn't have happened.'' She said.

I removed her arms from around my neck with a little force before making her look into my eyes.

''If this situation didn't happen, something else could. Don't beat yourself up. I know that you think it's your fault but it's not. I should've told you in the beginning who I was. But it's still wouldn't make it okay.'' I explained.

''I just felt scared, August. And because of my hormones, everything got worse. I wasn't thinking and I brought our son in danger. I'm an awful mother a-'' I cut her off as she started rambling nonsense.

''Mia, stop talking like that. Have I ever done something bad to both of you?'' I asked.

''Of course not.'' She said quietly.

''Then you know that I would never hurt you. You are my family. Never think that I will hurt you. I would probably die before doing such a thing.'' I said.

''I understand, August. I will never leave you again. I love you.'' She said as she hugged me again around my waist.

''And I love you. So much.'' I smiled, kissing the side of her head.

We both calmed down and I made her lie back on the bed. But she wouldn't let go of my hand.

''Leon almost knocked the air out of me when he saw me. Then he made Valerio pay for our drinks.'' I chuckled.

''My God, Valerio was probably annoyed.'' She laughed. It made me feel good when I heard that sound again.

''Laura told me what happened.'' I started.

''I didn't want to hurt our baby, August. I passed out when you got admitted to surgery and I felt so scared.''

''I know. How do you feel now?'' I asked.

''I feel normal. But I can't move from the bed for five more weeks.'' She frowned.

''Would you want me to get you a private doctor so you can stay at home?'' Her eyes lit up and she nodded.

''Pretty please.'' She said acting like a baby. I chuckled at her behavior.

''So you are seven weeks already, hmm?'' I asked as I put my hand on her stomach. I could feel how stiff it felt and a little outline of the bulge. I felt amazing.

''Yes. I can't wait for him or her.'' She smiled.

I leaned and kissed her stomach, lingering a bit. I have been blessed with a wonderful family and I can't wait when our second child comes into this world. I will be here for the first time and I can't feel more satisfied.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.