EPILOGUE

"Leave your baby sister alone, you pricks!" Mia warned her two sons who loved to pinch their six-month-old sister's cheeks.

"Ivano, stop touching her when you haven't washed your hands. For God's sake! Just wait until your father comes home." She said. The boys' eyes widened.

They knew how protective their father was over their little sister. When she was born, nobody could get close to her for over a month.

"Mommy, please don't," Leon said. Mia smirked knowing she got them.

"Then learn to wash your hands before touching your sister. You both know she has sensitive skin. She can get sick." Mia explained.

"Sorry, mommy," Ivano said before hugging her. Leon joined them in a group hug.

"Have you called Barbie for lunch?" Mia asked.

"Mommy, don't call her. She always teases me and hurts me on purpose." Ivano pouted. Mia knew he was overly dramatic but she promised him to talk with Barbie.

Suddenly, Lara cried out making Mia alerted quickly. She went to pick her up from her crib and miraculously she stopped crying.

"What is it, baby?" Mia cooed. Lara started making happy noises and babbled.

"Are you hungry? You are." Mia decided and brought her down to the kitchen. She took a bit of mashed potato she made earlier to feed her a little. Mia was still breastfeeding her but wanted to give her some other food.

"My little butterfly," Mia said as she kissed her cheek. Lara giggled and made a bit of a mess.

Just when Mia was wiping her little lips and cheeks, boys yelled out that August was home.

Boys almost tackled him down at the doorway. August was happy knowing that every day for the past 7 years was like this. His sons always greeted him this way and he couldn't be happier.

August walked to the kitchen where he usually found his wife and daughter. His heart almost melted at the sight. Lara committed some of the food while Mia rushed to wipe her off.

"You are the nasty one, baby." Mia laughed.

"Hey, baby," August said as he wrapped his arms around Mis from behind.

"Hey. You hungry?" She asked.

"Very." He whispered in her ear.

"August! Lara is here." Mia scolded.

"She doesn't understand yet." He chuckled and picked her up from her high chair.

"You're 41 years old man. You are too old to talk like this." Mia teased.

"And you're already middle-aged so what?" He said back. Her eyes widened.

"No, you didn't just say that," Mia said seriously.

"You insulted me first," August argued.

"We are getting old, August." Mia chuckled suddenly and leaned into August.

"We are. I love you." He said.

"You said it this morning." She teased.

"A little reminder won't hurt." He said.

"I love you too." She said as she kissed him.

***

"

Hey, Laura." Mia greeted as she hugged her best friend.

"I feel so tired, Mia. I can't anymore." She said dramatically and plopped on the couch.

"That's how I feel most of the day," Mia said.

"Twins are killing me. Two kids that are both devils is hell." She said, waving her arms to prove her point.

"And who is their mother, I wonder?" Mia teased her.

"Why can't they be calm like Valerio? I really don't know how that man has so much patience for them." She explained.

"Opposites attract. If they are wild, Valerio can calm them down."

"You're right. He does that a lot when I can't put the end to them." Laura said.

"Did you ever imagine that our life would turn like this? We have kids and husbands who both love us. I couldn't ask for anything more." Mia smiled.

"Of course not. But I'm happy it happened."

"Do you remember when you were engaged to August?" Mia started laughing at the memories.

"Eww, don't remind me." Laura grimaced.

If Leon never met Barbie and went to her birthday party, Mia would probably never meet August. Every person who didn't care about her and her son before was long forgotten, such as her parents. She was happy with her new family.

"I remember the look on my father's face when I brought Valerio to meet him. He was petrified. But he dealt with it." Laura laughed.

"Valerio is a sweetheart. I don't know why was he scared of him." Mia shrugged.

"I realized one thing in these past three years since twins were born. Kids change people. Even tho they are naughty, they have pure intentions. They are not encountered with the evils of the world. Twins changed my father's heart and I'm happy for it." Laura said.

"I know. Lara brought a new level of protectiveness in August." Mia laughed.

"Do you know about the debt you were talking about for ages because I babysat Leon when he was little?" Laura asked. Mia nodded as she let her continue.

"You paid it off by being here for me when I gave birth to twins. I knew nothing about newborns and I was lucky to have a friend like you, Mia. Thank you." Laura said and hugged Mia.

"Aww, you're gonna make me cry." Mia sniffled.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading another work of mine. It means a lot. I appreciate every read, vote, and comment.

I wanted to mention a girl who suggested writing this story  @MissVesta, thank you for it.

P.S. Because of half dirty-minded people here, Leon wasn't calling August 'daddy'. So I settled on 'papa'. Lol