06

A delicate pillar stood in the middle of the entrance, among the fake grass; it was more of a decoration than something used to hold the place together

The ceiling was made out of glass, allowing light to seep in and brighten up the whole place. Yona entered the headquarters, her legs instinctively bringing her to basically the only room she knew.

Others would think that the headquarters was some grey brick concrete building with a bomb shelter door; but it was rather the opposite.

The headquarters was at a mansion, the seemingly ordinary house that sheltered the rich.

Yona walked to the specific room that had a golden label on it that had the words 'Mr Kim' clearly written on it. She scoffed at the label, " as if he is some big shot," she mumbled to herself.

The girl knocked lightly before twisting open the door knob upon receiving the signal to enter.

The atmosphere inside juxtaposed with the beaming one outside. His office was lit up with red LED lights, dark and intimidating - not really sure how he does paperwork inside.

Yona took a careful step, entering his office as she closed the door behind her. She walked up to the couch and sat down, making herself comfortable.

" You seem to be making yourself a bit too comfortable, don't you think?" the man's deep voice resonated through the room, a kind of bass melody perhaps the type that would make you feel vibrations throughout.

Yona gave a nonchalant shrug, watching her superior walk over to her with a box in his hand, sitting down on the couch right opposite her.

" This..."he paused as he gestured towards the box, "is your mission." He pushed the box towards her before leaning back against the couch.

Yona opened the lid only to see loads of documents inside. " Oh, so my mission is to read through documents," she sulkily spoke. " Bummer."

" No," he firmly replied before silence engulfed the air, the only sound coming from the habitual tapping of his index finger on the arm rest. " Your mission is to join NCT."

The girl raised an eyebrow at him, confused by his vague instructions. " But aren't they your enemies...?" she trailed off.

A smug smirk appeared on his face as he raised his head slightly, allowing Yona to catch a glimpse of his features from under his cap. " Exactly, they are my enemies so you are meant to go there to get information out for us."

Realisation dawned upon the girl, he wanted her to use her abilities to get them to accept her in; to place their trust on her. She knew she said she wanted something harder for her missions but not that hard.

It sounded scary, she had never really used her abilities to that extent, it seemed all too dangerous.

But in a world where the mafias lived, there wasn't a day where they went without killing right? There isn't a fight without blood shed and no war without fire.

She forced down the lump that grew in her throat, letting out a dry cough. " Okay. I'll do it," she responded in the most convincing voice that she could muster.

" Good. I hope you understand the importance of your job, do whatever you can to do it well and i'll pay you double the check."

This made Yona's ears perk up, eyes lighting up as she looked up to the man with a smile on her face. She stretched her hand over to grab his, vigorously shaking it. " Thank you thank you thank you so much my sensei, how kind of you!" she half jokingly spoke with a grin on her face.

The latter forcefully pulled his hand away in disgust as he stood up, dusting himself off. " You may leave," those were the last words he spoke before walking back to his seat.

Yona carried the box with a jovial smile, bowing to the man before walking out of the room with a light skip to her steps.

She got back to her car, opening the lid of the box again before digging one of the documents out.

" Haewon and Jisung...sounds interesting."

a short update cause i felt like writing this today 😁👍🏻