11

It had already been 2 weeks since Haewon woke up, she has been doing better; being able to speak without her throat being raspy and being able to walk without wobbling

The daylight dwindled as the sun started to set. A series of blue mixed together with a tinge of pink bloomed across the never-ending canvas of the sky.

The gang was gathered in the main hall, which didn't happen very often due to all their different roles and their own missions. Yet they were all there for one goal: to end it all.

It felt like a never ending cycle of enemies after enemies but it was their job, to kill in order to thrive. It was either you make it out alive as a murderer or you don't make it out at all; being weak wasn't an excuse.

" Our new target," Taeyong started before the screen showed an image of a symbol that they had recently seen repeatedly. " They call themselves The Sacred and were the ones to inject whatever substance into Haewon, causing her to wake up."

Hums of acknowledgement was heard from across the room as everyone's eyes focused on the screen.

" Oh wait this reminds me," Jaemin straightened his posture as he started, eyebrows furrowed. " I saw a girl who was wearing a hood outside of our base when Chaeyoung and I came back on the day when we got the black package."

" Did you notice anything else?"

" No. At least I don't think so, I didn't really think much about it at that time," Jaemin answered before leaning back down in his seat with a tiresome sigh.

" Yeah obviously, you don't really have time to think about anything else except for your girlfriend," Jisung scoffed.

The latter raised an eyebrow towards him. " And who are you to speak, you haven't met yours ever since she woke up and half a month had already passed," he pointed out. " Is it that hard to pay her a visit?"

" The only difference between me and you is that yours is actually your girlfriend while mine, is nothing in relation to me, so don't group me with your pathetic ass," Jisung coldly fired back.

His temper hasn't been the best for the past few weeks, being cooped up in his room wallowing himself in self pity as he mentally listed down everything he could have done and shouldn't have done — he really didn't think about visiting her at all, or perhaps he was avoiding it.

" Guys stop fighting, we have important matters to discuss here," Taeyong interjected. " Anyways, I was thinking that we subtly dig out information about them and once it is sufficient enough, we fight."

" Sounds good to me."
" Are you done? I need to go," Chenle impatiently voiced out. The boy had been like that for the past few days, always out and never at the base; it was unknown to them where he went but they didn't bother asking.

" We are busy too, you know?" Jisung urged.

Taeyong rubbed his temples, heaving an irritated sigh. " Its always the young ones that disrespect me," he muttered. " Yeah you are all dismissed, you may take your leave."

" By the way, Jaemin and Jisung, you two better talk it out. I don't want ridiculous drama happening in this gang," Taeyong strictly spoke, authority dripping from his tone.

Jisung wasn't particularly fond of being locked inside a room and being forced to reconcile with the person whose relationship he was jealous of — it was rather embarrassing to say the least.

Yet the two sat in the middle of Jaemin's bedroom facing each other with no expression whatsoever. Just a huge pit of silence enveloping them, an awkward one at that.

" Look, I know you are jealous of what Chaeyoung and I have but you don't have to be rude," Jaemin commented.

" I'm not jealous," the boy immediately blurted out.

It was clearly unconvincing, making his demeanour waver ever so slightly yet he stayed still. " Listen. I'm sorry for whatever I did, there we're done, I'm leaving," Jisung straightforwardly said before standing up and heading to the door.

" When are you going to see Haewon? You know she has feelings too right, you aren't the only one hurting from whatever happened," Jaemin spoke making the boy's movements come to a halt.

Jisung could only stare at his hand as he gripped the door knob till his knuckles turned white, his back facing Jaemin. " How many times must I sa-"

" You can't keep avoiding it," Jaemin interrupted, staring at the younger's back as he tried his best to talk some sense into him. " Haewon keeps asking for you, you know?"

Seeing as the latter didn't move, Jaemin continued.
" She keeps smiling and saying that it's fine whenever I tell her that you are busy and can't come, she tries her best to hide the fact that she's hurt but I know deep down she is more affected by it than she looks," he said. " So please, she really needs you, she is pushing herself too hard to recover, I feel like she might hurt herself again soon," he finished, voice gradually getting quieter towards the end.

" I'll...think about it," Jisung mumbled before leaving, grimacing at how weak his voice sounded. It would have been a lie if he said that his heart didn't ache the slightest.

Jaemin knew for a fact that the two were yearning for each other's presence. They were meant to be, they were connected differently.

Love was like a burning flame it was a matter of whether you choose to extinguish it or not; like our feelings, whether we want to make an effort to get rid of it or to let it flourish into something beautiful. Fire wouldn't be made without a lighter, like how mankind wouldn't be alive without oxygen.

They wouldn't be themselves without one another. Jisung knew that for a fact, yet he still hesitated.

She doesn't even rely on you that much.

The thoughts the whirled in his mind didn't serve as much help with the dilemma he was in. It seemed simple just choose to go or not — yet to him there were so many pros and cons.

Even though he didn't realise it, he cared more about Haewon than he thought and that was why when Jaemin's words echoed through his mind; he ended up choosing to go.

kinda getting the moti back 😮‍💨