10

The soft rays of the morning sun beamed down on the girl as she walked through the streets, in search of that very bridge she was told to head to

The place was secluded, the only sound coming from the splashes of water from the small waterfall a distance away.

It was just an open area amongst a forest, one that she probably would have never thought exist if it weren't for this mission. The wooden bridge stood crossing from one end of the river to the other with a boy stood on top of it; seeming to be deep in thought as he stared down at the river.

To her surprise, he was actually attractive and good looking rather than all the big bearded 69 year old man that she had seen around at her own base.

" How am I suppose to do this," she mumbled to herself, her eyes observing her target intently. Her eyes squinted as she tried to get a closer look. " You know what screw it, if it goes right then it does and if it goes wrong I'll just have to go beg mysterious dora for forgiveness."

Yona dusted herself, casually walking out from her hiding spot and towards Chenle. She had a light hop to her steps as she raked her fingers through her brunette hair that she had recently dyed; going from a dark brown at the roots to a light one at the ends.

" You know, if you are thinking of swimming you should look for an actual swimming pool instead," she commented, interrupting his train of thoughts.

Chenle's eyes immediately shot towards her direction, his fist raising instinctively but Yona managed to dodge it in time.

" Who are you? Why are you here? What are you here for? What are your motives?" he recited as if it was from a script, his expression serious unlike his usual cheery one as he scanned the girl before him.

Yona gave a casual shrug, looking at the ground as she raised a hand to tuck her loose strands of hair behind her ear. " I was just passing by, I thought you were going to...you know, so I tried to lighten the mood," she mumbled.

Chenle relaxed slightly, slightly relieved knowing that she hadn't had any bad intentions yet he was still on guard.

He kept quiet, scrutinizing Yona as she could only stare at the ground under his intense gaze; or perhaps she was concentrating on reaching out to him. " Name?" Chenle bluntly asked.

" Yona," she simply answered, crossing her arms behind her back shyly. Her index finger moved back and forth, as if it was controlling something — maybe she was.

" Oh," Chenle let out, something about the girl lured him in, somehow entranced by her shyness. He gulped down the lump in his throat, letting out an awkward cough. " Anyways I'm fine, I'm not suicidal or anything you can just make your way."

" Okay, but if you do have any problems you can talk to me, I'm probably going to come here again, its really pretty," she commented, smiling as she faced the river, the light breeze blowing her hair back.

Chenle harshly jolted as a weird sensation ran through his spine, a light tug in his heart; which felt more like a flutter to him.

" Anyways I think I got to go...hope to see you around!" Yona flashed a bright smile, waving to him enthusiastically before turning her back and walking back to her car.

Once she was out of sight, Chenle blinked at a loss for words. He really didn't know what to think, was it just his imagination or did he really just meet a girl who actually made him feel something.

Perhaps it was how naive she was of his real identity or maybe the way she cared for a complete stranger. Somehow he was glad that someone actually cared even if he didn't face issues like that.

So there were actually pure and innocent beings in this cruel world, but that still doesn't change the fact that humans were still the scariest things alive — people like him.

Yona heaved a sigh of relief as she entered her car, immediately leaning back in her seat as she messed up her hair. " Holy fuck that was the most nerve-wrecking experience ever."

She didn't do much yet she doubted that she seemed like a normal, ordinary, pure, innocent and friendly completely-not-part-of-a-mafia girl.

" -1/10 would not recommend," she groaned to herself as she hit her head on the wheel with her two hands clutching it. " Was I obvious? Nah I don't think he suspected, what if dora kills me holy fuck 'hola soy dora' doesn't sound that innocent anymore," she rambled to no one in particular.

Yona sat back up after calming herself down from being on the verge of a mental breakdown. She grabbed the box of documents from the back seat and grabbed one to read through it again.

" Park Jisung...alexithymia...father...die...war," she muttered as she scanned the words. " Seems like a difficult life," she subconsciously commented.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw the next document. " Kim Haewon?" Yona murmured, her words coming out as more of a question. " Why is he targeting a girl, he usually goes for the hard mafia boys..." she trailed off, deep in thought as she continued reading on.

" Maybe because she is a kim like him?" she jokingly said to herself, giggling. " Don't need to get married to have the same last name."

Once her laughter died down from the lame joke she created herself, she read on, briefly skimming through the irrelevant information. She let out a yawn, getting bored of it. Until she read one specific detail at the very end.

" Blue forcefield when she is hugging Jisung," Yona read, not knowing whether to be laughing at how ridiculous it sounded or whether she should find it cool. " One thing's for sure, they aren't normal either."

everyone gucci until i make a book where everyone has superpowers 🧘🏻‍♀️ anywhores sorry i took like 3 weeks to write this but hey! at least its 1k words unlike the previous chappie with only 600 😮‍💨

anyways trying my best to write more these few weeks before my major exam comes so look forward to more updates hopefully if i dont get lazy 😞🤏🏻