Chapter 8 : strawberryyyyy

After the collar incident, Moony had since come back to normal. You had put away the forsaken piece of polyester under a messy pile of rubbish you kept in your closet.

He had been elsewhere for a bit, haggard, but after some time, he was himself again, audacious and ferocious, but yet so adorable.

The little furball was right. He was in no way yours. He was just a small furry individual with whom you shared your roof (and who stole your food and time (not that you complained but it had to be mentioned okay, that little thing was needyyy). Despite that, your mutual showers of affection weren't impacted, and your long cuddles didn't stop. It was as if nothing had happened.

As if all of this wasn't enough of a turmoil for your fragile little mind though, the day your childhood friend would come over and spend some time at your home had finally arrived.

You hadn't seen him in so long you couldn't stand still for more than a second. You were just too darn excited.

You were supposed to pick him up at the train station pretty late in the evening, so you had already prepped everything in advance throughout the day, despite the relentless meows from Moony, who's nap was disturbed by your frenetic to-and-fros, loud vacuum cleaning, and not very discreet motivational music (what? who doesn't listen to music while cleaning? The cat would just have to deal with it, you weren't some psychopath working in dead silence. Nuhu. Not in this house honeys).

You had known him your whole life. You were pretty much siblings, considering how close you were. Your mothers had been best friends their entire life as well, so it was only natural for them to want their children to be best friends as well.

And you were.

As you drove to the terminal, memories of mornings in front of the TV and afternoons at the playground with him submerged you.

After finishing his studies and graduating, he had realized that what he had loved studying was not applied in the same way in work life at all. Sick of the long hours in a small office, his tall form crouched over a keyboard in a confined desk where his small plants couldn't even fit, he decided to throw it all away and turn his life around completely.

He now owned a strawberry farm a few hours from the city, where he could freely organize his own days, take care of his beloved flowers and watch them grow, in the tranquility of a quiet plain surrounded by mountains.

He loved his new way of life and you were so happy to see the bright little boy you once knew, all worries and stress seemingly lifted from his shoulders and constantly furrowed eyebrows. Instead, his body seemed as light as a feather, and his dimples had resurfaced.

Despite the distance he had taken with big cities, he had to come to Seoul to straighten up some financial documents and other paperwork that had to be filled. You thus had offered him to crash at your apartment to save him the struggle of finding a hotel. Especially since they were all so expensive.

Though your home was pretty small and you only had one bedroom, it wasn't a problem for either of you: even through your teenage years, you had always slept over at each other's house, sharing each other's bed. You had both acknowledged that you were nothing more than lifelong friends, and so there had never been any awkward tensions building up between the both of you.

You parked your car, running inside the station, eager to see your friend.

The sight of a tall dumbfounded man awkwardly looking around, sticking out of the crowd due to his height instantly brought a smile to your face:

"Joonie! Over here!" You waved enthusiastically, jumping so he would see you.

A lost Namjoon scanned the crowd before two little dimples appeared at the corners of his mouth as soon as he recognized you.