15

Magnus' Residence

"I can't believe that actually happen?" Arabella gasp in surprise after she knew about the trip of both Calynn and Avery on Owen's camp. She felt nauseated when she also knows about a murder and wants to throw up but can't do so because Aiden is specially looking at her every movement. She glared at the prince beside her and pick up her tea cup and took a sip trying to ignore the young man.

"Stop staring at me!" Arabella blunted out. Aiden just laugh at her.

"Where are you going, Avery?" Calynn ask the girl beside her who casually stands up.

"I'll just get something on my room. Be back in a flash" she answered her then walk inside. Currently, they are at the garden outside the residence on a gardenia gazebo. Since the weather is good at night with the shimmering stars they plan to talk about things and have a brainstorming activity but Avery was not in the mood. She regards herself as a third wheel because its only her who don't have a pair. (Calynn is with Henry her fiancee while Prince Aiden is having a lovey-dovey moments---bickering with Arabella. William is not present and is still on the palace on his office doing paper works.)

Just as Avery reach her own room she sense that there was an ominous aura inside. She prepared herself to fight when she went in. And as she touch the doorknob and entered there she saw a young man in black cloak sitting comfortably on her bed. She inspect him- while the other party also inspect Avery.

"Who are you?"

He smiled then stands up and walk towards Avery's direction. Avery sense a danger is coming in this man before her so she took a step back and glared angrily at the man. The man chuckled evilly. Because of the cloak Avery can't see his whole actual face but she knows he is a person she should mess with.

"Who are you?" she repeated to ask.

"Dearest sweetcakes, how can you forget about your husband?" he answered and smiled maliciously at Avery. Avery's mind was in chaos.

'Is this guy crazy or what?' she thinks

Avery was planning on how to conquer the man while the man was getting close to her. With one hand he touch Avery's delicate fiery face  and he was glared by her in return.

"Let me go before I Damn cut your hands" Avery said then in a flash move aside while getting her dagger under her sleeves to attack the mysterious man. The man smirk then disappear in the night.

"Damn you!" Avery cuss. She can't believe that someone actually went inside her room with the tight night guards surveillance. She look again in her room to see if something is missing but a glimmer caught her eye. She took it to inspect and put it aside then left her room.

Meanwhile...

"My Lord"

"My little cupcake doesn't remember me?! I'll soon make you remember Avery my love." The man declared then left along with the guard. Little did they know that someone saw them leaving on the night with a glare.

It was none other than William the young Prime Minister of the Kingdom.

"Track them silently." He ordered three of his men then went in at the residence.

"You saw him leaving, jerk?" Avery ask the young man when he approach the others. They we're no longer carefree after hearing Avery's story earlier. The atmosphere drop and the air is so serious.

"I ordered my men to track them. How are you stupid?"

"I'm Damn great. I want to castrate that pervert and feed him to the wolfs" Avery replied William.

"Let's better be wary of the person. He must be something else." Aiden said.

"That man entered my home. I'll beat up the knights for slacking off" Calynn said.

"I'll protect you Calynn. I'll also ask my father to enforce new knights here." Henry said.

"What a Killjoy! Can you calm down a bit. But I can help on torturing him if you want. That'll be fun" Arabella laughingly said and call the maids for some snacks while discussing their plan.

__________________________

A/N: Sorry for the soo~ late update. I was busy with school. Plus I lost my inspirations and my mind is kinda muddle but don't worry now. I'll try to update again for the next chapter. I am having second thoughts about chapter 15 in the earlier sentences so I just decided that part to be a special part. Sorry🙇🏻🙏🏻 Hope you enjoy!