eighteen.

018 ⎯⎯ the truth

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐄."
Todoroki tapped his knuckles on the door, fidgeting nervously. He tugged his sleeves, bouncing from foot to foot as the door opened. 

"Come inside." Enji waved his son inside, taking a seat by the window. Todoroki followed him, nudging open the glass pane. He glanced down to the courtyard, a smile pulling at his lips. 

Turning back to his father, he frowned. "Father, can you remind me how you caught the rebels?"

Enji raised a brow, tilting his head. "What are you losing memory? I burnt down that no good village and put the people in their place. It's what they get for stealing from me."

Todoroki nodded, "But doesn't the money belong to the people?"

"Who cares?" Enji waved his hand dismissively, "It's not like they pay their damn taxes anyway." He scoffed. 

Todoroki nodded again, a smile pulling at his lips. "So it's true you don't care about your citizens."

Enji burst into laughter, "I could care less about them! All they're good for is money and they don't even have that!"

Todoroki smiled, "That's unfortunate."  

His father glanced up, his brows raised. "For who?" The teen shrugged, motioning towards the balcony. Enji narrowed his eyes, standing and making his way to the glass doors. He pushed them open, a tomato hitting him square in the face.

"You suck! I can't believe we ever trusted you!"

He wiped his face clean, looking down on the mob of angry citizens in the courtyard. His eyes widened, scanning over the crowd. "How- Shoto!"

Enji turned to his son, snarling. "What did you do?!"

Todoroki shrugged, stepping out onto the balcony. He scanned the crowd, his eyes meeting with Y/N's. She puffed out her cheeks, trying to suppress the smile that made it's way to her face. Kaminari appeared behind her, waving as he grinned. 

Bakugou rolled his eyes at the two, chucking a rock towards the king. Jirou picked up a stone, doing the same, Kirishima laughing.

Scowling, Enji shoved his son out the way, pulling a crossbow from his belt. he held it towards the group of rebels, the audience gasping in shock.

"Wait-!" 

↳ [Edited]