Chapter Nine: Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?

April's POV 

The next day was Saturday, which meant that it was gym day. With Christmas being four days away, I wanted to get my exercise in as much as possible because I want to spend time with my family for the next few weeks.

I went to the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face and changed into a pair of yoga pants and tank top with some Reeboks. In my tote bag, I packed a towel, water bottle, jump rope, and my mp3 player. As I went downstairs, I prepared myself a bowl of oatmeal and fruit before heading out the door.

I reached the gym within five minutes and was greeted by Angelique, one of my friends at the gym. Her black and purple hair was tied up in a ponytail and she sported a makeup free look with a pair of VS sweatpants and a tank top with a pair of Nikes.

"Hey." She said, greeting me with a hug.

"Hey." I said, hugging back. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I was about to warm up before I started training, but it's a good thing you're here!"

I smiled. "Yeah. Let me just go put my things in my locker and I meet you by the weight rack."

"Sure." And with that, she went off.

I made my way to the locker room and unlocked my locker, strapped on my ankle weights, draped a towel over my shoulder, and grabbed my bottle of water and mp3 player before putting my empty bag in the locker.

I started walking and began to scroll through my playlist to search fora song to exercise to. As I was walking, I bumped into a strong, body that felt much like a brick wall. I looked up and smiled at the last person I wanted to see right now. 

"Hi, Dominic." His hair was damp and he smelled like sweat and cologne mixed together.

"Hey, April." Dominic said, his eyes raking over my body. "Good to see you." 

"Same to you." I said. "Talked to Carmen lately?" 

"Yeah." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "She is getting better. She might be able to come back to school soon." 

I nodded. "That's good. I bet it would be nice to have your girlfriend back so you can shove your tongues down each other's throats at lunch." I said, smirking. 

The side of his mouth twitched into a half smile. "I do not shove my tongue down anyone's mouths, Phillips." 

"Oh, really? What about that day before she broke her ankle? You two were almost one person." 

"So I can't kiss my girlfriend when I want to?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. His eyes twinkled with mischief. 

I smiled before taking several steps toward him so we were less then a foot apart. "You can, but just not so, foreplay-ish." 

"Mhmm." He said, his eyes drifting to my lips and back up to my eyes. "Be careful, April." 

I smiled again before taking a step back and walking around him. "I always am." I sang. 

I went back to my music player and decided to switch on Nicki Minaj's song "Super Bass" before placing the player between my shoulder blade and sports bra strap and headed to weight rack. I kept one earbud in and the volume low just in case Angelique wanted to converse. 

When I reached the rack, I decided to warm up before actually lifting. So I pulled out my jump rope and started jumping. After a few moments, Angelique began to talk. 

"So what's new?" She asked me. She was doing weighted squats with a pair of 30 lb dumbells in each hand. 

"Nothing much. I started dating this new guy, if that's interesting."