Chapter Six: All Eyes On Her

April's POV 

It has been two weeks since I had ran into Dominic on the sidewalk. I woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom to go about my daily morning routine. As I was brushing my teeth, I spotted the scale out of my peripheral vision and decided to go on it to see how much weight I have lost. The last time I weighed myself was 2 weeks ago, and I weighed 140 pounds then. I was alarmed at how fast the weight was dropping off, but too excited to care. I was finally reaching my goal weight and I didn't care what the doctor said. 

I felt good. 

I waited on the scale for a few moments before looking down at my feet and noticing the scale which read "130 pounds". My breathing immediately caught in my throat as my stomach did a somersault. I knew that I should have been brushing this off, but I couldn't help it. Just eight months ago, I was over 300 pounds and I was now 130 pounds. I did a mini cheer as I hopped in the shower and got ready for school. Since I was celebrating my weight loss today, I felt like dressing up. 

I climbed out of the shower as I wrapped myself in a towel and did the same to my hair. As my body air-dried, I blow dried my wet hair and set it into bombshell curls with a curling iron. I changed into a pair of skin tight skinny jeans, a fitting sweater, leather jacket, and red knee high stiletto boots. I spritzed myself with perfume and did a twirl in the mirror as I decided I was satisfied with my appearance. I have been wearing my same baggy clothes as much as I could through the weight loss because I wanted to make a dramatic entrance one day. 

And today was that day. 

I gathered my handbag as I went down the staircase to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of whole grain cereal with fruit. I felt confident as I drank my glass of milk and headed outside. I plugged in my headphones and played "Diva" by Beyonce on repeat until I got to school. Because that was exactly how I was feeling. 

Like a diva. 

I glanced at my watch and realized that I still had about ten more minutes before class started, so I turned around and made my way to Starbucks for the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

I made my way through the glass door and smiled as the smell of espresso and the sound of light chatter greeted me. Luckily, there was only about three people in line and I didn't have to wait long until it was my turn. 

"Hello. Welcome to Starbucks." A redheaded barista greeted me. I glanced at her name tag and noticed that her name was just a month after mine. May. "May I take your order?" 

"I would like a tall Pumpkin Spice Latte, please." I wasn't necessarily a Starbucks fanatic, but I did know the serving sizes, at least. 

She punched in my order before saying, "That would be $5.76." 

I handed her a ten dollar bill and smiled as I took my change and stashed it in pocket neatly. I moved over to the side and waited patiently for my drink. 

As I waited, I spotted Carmen, Dominic, Jessica, and Monique walk in, chatting aimlessly. Carmen's car was double parked right outside the window. Carmen smiled at me as I caught her eye before waving like a maniac. 

"Hey, April!" Carmen said loudly, earning a few stares from the customers. I watched as Monique scolded her and waited in line. Dominic, on the other hand, moved aside from them as they talked and walked closer to me. Normally, I would have been nervous around him. My hands would be sweaty, vision became blurry, and standing became hard to do. 

But not today. I wasn't the same April I was several months ago. 

"Hey." He said calmly, leaning against the counter as he gave me one of his signature smirks.