Chapter 15: The Final Round

Miracle's POV 

At least she has my trust. I said to myself as I walked out the school parking lot and headed home. Carmen and her minions have been tormenting almost everyone in school since they were enrolled here freshman year. I thought that when she was nice to April she may have left her bitch days behind her, but apparently I was wrong.

As I walked down the sidewalk illuminated by street lights, I could have sworn I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw nothing. 

Probably just my imagination. 

Kept walking. 

But the second time, the footsteps seemed to be getting louder. My instincts kicked in and I felt for my pepper spray that I carried around my neck and positioned my finger over the nozzle. 

As I walked forward, a hand came to my mouth as another twisted my arm behind me. Using my free hand, I tried to feel for my pepper spray, but I couldn't reach it. 

My attacker removed their hand from my neck and moved their forearm to my throat as it tightened. Using my instincts, I took my right foot and kicked upward, followed by a sharp right elbow to the jaw. Judging from the sound, I must have hit my target. As I turned around to look at my attacker, I immediately noticed Carmen's blonde hair through the darkness. Two arms grabbed me from behind and help me in place. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I spat, trying to free myself. From the chuckles near my ear, I could tell that they were her minions. 

"I should be asking you the same thing." Carmen said as she rose from the ground. "What are you doing sneaking around school after hours?" 

"Trying to stop your schemes of trying to terrorize April." I said. 

Carmen let out a dry laugh. "Now why would I want to do that?" 

"Well, let's see. She stole your boyfriend, replaced you as head cheerleader, and became the most beautiful and popular girl of school, leaving you with nothing but some pathetic little friends to do your bidding for you. Face it, Carmen. You're jealous of April and this is all because of you. It all started when you broke your ankle and begged April to take your place. And now that she has done that and more, you are trying to knock her off your throne." 

"Listen here, Miracle." Carmen said through gritted teeth. "Dominic was mine first and will be before the school year is over. April may have won the battle, but she didn't win the war. After I vandalize her locker, I will put up pictures all over school about what a lying, dirty, low-life slut she really is. And between you and I, I have already gotten the pictures of Awful April at her worst moment." 

She pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of April, back when she was overweight and eating a large meatball hero sandwich by herself. She swiped left and there was another picture that looked like it was April, but wasn't, giving a football player fellatio in the guy's locker room. 

"That is not April." I said flatly. My blood boiled as I looked into her face. 

"Well, the school doesn't know that." 

"But they will." I said. 

Carmen stepped closer to me, to the point where I could count the eyelashes on her eyelid. 

"If you breathe a word of this to anybody, Palmer, I will make sure that you don't see the light of day tomorrow morning. Am I clear?" 

I smirked as I said calmly, "Crystal." 

Carmen glared at me and held eye contact as she said, " Let her go." I felt the vice-like grips that were on my arms remove themselves as they backed off.