Chapter Seven: Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Ouch!

April's POV 

The next morning, I rolled over to turn off the sound of my alarm clock on my cell phone. As my home screen came up, I saw a text from a number I did not recognize. I opened it and read. Had an amazing time last night. Sleep tight, April. -Trevor. I smiled as I typed back a quick good morning text and a thanks for the date before rolling out of bed and heading to the bathroom to get ready for school. After taking my shower and brushing my teeth, I curled my hair before pulling it into a girly ponytail. I put on my uniform before pulling on a yellow blazer, gold bangles, hoop earrings, and a cotton scarf and hat. I looked through my closet for a jacket for the December weather and settled on a thick jacket. I pulled on my black knee high boots before heading downstairs to the kitchen. I made myself a cup of hot chocolate before heading back outside and walking to school. 

As I approached the school, I nearly dropped my hot chocolate when a strong arm grabbed mine and pulled me into a soft chest. I looked up and met the smile of a laughing Trevor. 

"Did I startle you?" He asked me, laughing at my reaction. 

I tightened the lid to the cup of my hot chocolate before looking up at him. "No, I always spill my hot chocolate and almost have a heart attack before I go into school." 

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, tilting his head. 

"I don't know," I teased as I drank my beverage. "Am I?" 

He turned me around so that I was standing in front of him and placed his hands in his pockets. "I say no." 

I arched an eyebrow before smiling and grabbing his arm and draping it over my shoulder. The material from his jacket tickled my cheek as I leaned into him. He smelled like winter, Axe, and happiness. 

A shy smile came to my face as I approached Carmen, Jessica, and Monique who were looking at me with teasing smiles. Trevor said gave me a peck on the forehead before taking his arm off of me and promising a text later. 

"Way to go, April." Jessica said as she looked at Trevor's retreating back. "You scored a good one." 

"Thanks." I said, slightly embarrassed. 

"So how was the date yesterday?" Monique pressed. "We want to know everything." 

I laughed as i went into detail about the fancy dinner and the dance and the aftermath of me falling asleep in his car and him having to carry me like a baby to my front doorstep. 

"If I went on a date like that, I would never leave him." Jessica commented. 

"What did he first say when he saw you?" Carmen asked, smiling. 

"He didn't say anything. He just lit up like a lantern." 

They laughed and we shared some more stories before heading to our first period class. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carmen's POV 

When the final bell rang, I gathered my books and headed out the classroom with Monique and April on either side of me. 

"Hey, Carmen." Monique said, getting my attention. "Do we still have practice today?" 

"Of course." I replied, closing my phone and stashing it in my pocket. "Why wouldn't we have practice?" 

"Just asking. Cramps are being a pain in the uterus today." 

"Well kick Mother Nature in her vagina and do what you were born to do." I said blatantly.