Chapter 14: F.R.I.E.N.D.S

They ride through the woods for a few more hours, stopping off at a stream along the way to allow the horses to have a short break

They ride through the woods for a few more hours, stopping off at a stream along the way to allow the horses to have a short break. After this stop, Rory, Bellamy, and Atlas wind up at the back of the group bringing up the rear. The longer they ride, the darker the woods get around them as night begins to fall.

"What's going on?" Bellamy asks Rory as the convoy slows down to a halt. "Why're we stopping?"

"We are to rest here, Blake." Atlas tells him, pulling his horse to a stop and placing both reins in his right hand. "We're 10 miles from the TonDC village limits, but it is too treacherous to proceed with such little light. The terrain from here to the village is much more precarious than the ground we've covered so far. Plus, the horses need to rest and, so do the people."

"I don't like this." Bellamy mutters, watching Atlas kick his feet from out of the stirrups and jump down.

"It's fine, Bell. We arranged the spot with Lexa before we left Camp Jaha." Rory tells him, following Atlas' lead and dismounting Athena. "Trust me, it's ok." Bellamy reluctantly nods, carefully getting off Arcas' horse and allowing the man to take the reins from his hands. Rory gives Athena a pat before letting Arcas take her, turning to the other Skaikru members. "We're making camp here for the night, finishing the journey tomorrow. There's just another 10 miles or so left but, it's been a long day for all of us and, honestly, the less time Skaikru spend in TonDC the better."

"You think we'll receive hostility?" Marcus asks.

"That's putting it kindly." Rory tells him. "If we were to enter the village without Lexa, I don't think you'd all be making it out even with me by your side. They still trust me and respect me, but their hesitant hospitality towards Skaikru disappeared the second Finn showed up in their village."

"Skaiplana!" Indra shouts, attracting their attention. She stands a short distance away, halfway between Skaikru and Lexa's portable (and much smaller) tent that has already been put up in the short time they have stopped.

Rory looks over her shoulder at the woman, nodding her head to her, before looking back at the others. "I'm needed. Set up camp, grab some food, and most importantly, get some rest. We'll need to be as alert as we possibly can when we get to TonDC. I'll be back as soon as I can be." She tells them before heading straight to Indra, ignoring Bellamy and Clarke's voices telling her to stay with their people. "Indra." She says, coming to a stop in front of her.

"I may not like you. I may not trust you. I may hate you for robbing my people of retribution. But, I... would've done the exact same thing if I was in your position. We aren't friends but, we can be allies." Indra thrusts her arm out towards Rory. Rory nods her head and reaches out, the two women grabbing each others' wrists and firmly shaking. "I want you to know, Skaiplana, that when we enter my village I shall keep your... alliances," she quietly says, glancing down at the necklace hanging from Rory's neck, "secret. My people will not find out from me who you choose to align yourself with."