Chapter 8 - The threat

"Angel?" Angel pulled her attention away from the couple she was having a conversation with and turned to the voice. And Damian felt the stiffness go through out her body. His own attention turned to the man and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Angel's dad start making his way over to them.

"Yes, Mr. Mancottii?"

"You look lovely this evening. Just like the daughter of the Don should be, gorgeous and stunning and that's it." Hell, even Damian felt the hit below the belt on that one. "Don't you agree son?" Damian finally took notice of the man who had walked up, but Angel didn't seem surprised, like had already clocked him there.

"Jordan, you have grown up," she told him in that sing song voice of hers.

"I have Angel, but I do agree with my dad."

"Is that right?" Angel's voice grew softer, sexier even and both men seemed taken back. "Beauty should be seen, but not heard, is that what you mean?" At their nod, she slowly smiled and Damian watched in fascination at her.

She leaned closer to Jordan, the look of seduction in her eyes and moved her lips to his ear, going into grave detail about the last man that had told her that; how he ended up missing seven fingers, three toes, a tongue along with a dick, and all thanks to her. And as she pulled back, she was still smiling as sweetly as ever, the man before her paled. Angel was no fool; she knew she needed Jordan's allegiance, not his dad's, for Jordan was the next in line. And in all truth, she could make quick work of the older man to put Jordan where he belonged.

"Now excuse me gentleman, my date and I need some fresh air." Angel took Damian's arm and led him outside, her dad close on their heels.

"Angel.

"Si, papa (yes, dad)?"

"What did you say?" Angel glanced between the two men and shrugged.

"What I needed to, to get Jordan on board. His dad will not follow me, he will fight, but I can make short work of him if he keeps on. So, I told Jordan about the last man who thought I was just a supposed pretty face." Damian lifted a brow but it was Antonio who answered.

"The worst part about what Angel did to that man was cut off his dick." Damian glanced back at Angel who only shrugged again.

"I'm not a good woman, I belong to the mafia, my sins run deep and the blood I have spilled runs like a river. You can go, if you like, you wouldn't be the first," she told him in all honesty.

Damian shook his head and smiled, "did you forget that I brought you here, I'm not going anywhere." Antonio watched the exchange between the two and he smiled to himself as he backed away. His daughter handled herself like the pro she was and knew what to do and how to do it without him. And she went after the right male, knowing who to corner. And as far as her date, they seemed to be doing just fine on their own. Antonio walked over to his wife and pulled her into his arms, kissing her deeply, which caused her to giggle as they finally broke apart.

"Angel is in good hands?" Antonio glanced at his wife and nodded.

"Though I think Damian wouldn't have minded throwing a punch or two. Not just for the way she was disrespected, either." They shared a smile before turning back to the people she was talking to.

----

Angel took Damian's arm, a smile on her face. Yes, she was aware he brought her, but that was not what she meant, and they both knew that. Just like they both knew that wasn't what he meant. And that was the part that confused her. He was supposed to be Rosa's, yet it sure felt like he was enjoying her company, which was nice. She wasn't able to do really anything with her brothers as dates.

Funny, her brothers had all made appearances, and yet, no one bothered to ask who "Angel" was. Very few people knew her as that, the Senator being one, as he was also a close family friend; and of course, the heads of the families now. But no one prior was able to figure it out. And now that word was spreading, she could start to see the way it was going. She was going to have fight even harder than she had thought. Make no mistake though, as the Don, she would have the fucking respect of every family, or she would have no worry putting a bullet in people.

"What are you thinking?" Angel blinked a few times to clear her thoughts and turned her scowl into a smile; after all, Damian's own smile made her want to return it.

"Shooting people." She said that so off handily and so innocently, it drew out a laugh from him. She was one of a kind and he liked that.

"You make it sound like an everyday thought." She led him back on the dance floor and shrugged.

"For me, it can be. Between my own business and this, I often think about hurting others."

"You have your own businesses, outside of this?"

"Si; I have two night clubs and a flower shop." He lifted a brow and she shrugged. "It's my best friends. She runs it; I just put it under my name. But, my clubs are my babies; they were the first thing I got on my own."

"Big names?"

"Big enough. My one in downtown LA often holds most of the elite and the one on the upside, well, is more for the preppy crowd."

"Why?"

"Ocean views; the main dance floor actually stands over the ocean. I paid an arm and a leg to buy that land and then to build it; but I love both of them."

"Is that it?" Slowly, she shook her head. She had a third one, but that was in part to the family; that's where a lot of the mafia partied or had special meetings.

"There is one more, but that, that one is way more private." He nodded as he took on the meaning. Something's didn't need to be known past the mafia family.

"How much longer do you need to be here?" Angel looked around; she had made her appearance, done what the good daughter was supposed to do, and even made a threat. She was good to go.

"Have something in mind?"

"Just getting out of here. I've never been one to be into formal settings."

"Let's go." She took the arm Damian offered and walked over to her parents, bidding them a good night. She smiled as Damian wrapped his arm around her waist, his hands lightly resting on her butt as they walked out. But she paused, pretending to be adjusting something with her shoe so she could look around; she had felt their eyes and she never went against that feeling. She had long ago learned that lesson.