Chapter 10 - Revisions

"Thank for you seeing me, Mr Bellalini." Antonio just lifted an eyebrow at Damian and poured them each a glass of whiskey. He sat it down in front of the other man before walking to his chair on the other side of his desk.

"No need for thanks and no need to be formal. What is on your mind, Damian?"

"Your daughter." Antonio just lifted a brow at that for he didn't believe this young man's issue had to do with Rosa.

"What did Rosa do?" Damian slowly shook his head as he took a sip of his whiskey and Antonio smiled; finally they were getting somewhere. "Ah, Angel, okay, what did she do?" Antonio asked, taking his own sip.

"She hasn't done anything, but I came to talk to you about her."

"About Angel?" Antonio swirled the liquor in his glass, watching the young man across the desk; he liked this.

"Yes." Damian stared into the liquid. It wasn't that he was afraid or worried, but how do you tell a man that you didn't like one of his daughters but liked the other one? As of now, Damian had been on two dates with Rosa and both times were nice, but not remarkable; she didn't ignite any type of fire within him. And yet Angel did; he wanted ways to get to know her better. He enjoyed talking to her, enjoyed being with her. And he always told himself that if he found someone who could do that, he would not let go.

"What about Angelina?" Damian downed his drink and finally looked up at the other man, letting out a breath.

"I want to change the contract. Rosa is a beautiful and bright young woman, and I'm sure that she will make someone very happy one day."

"But that someone isn't you?"

"Nessun (no)." Antonio leaned back in his chair, tapping his fingers on the rim of his glass.

"You are the type of man who likes a strong woman?"

" (yes)."

"Angelina is like her mother, strong and brave and not meant for many men to have them. You realize that you will be married to the Don of a very powerful and wealthy family? This is a woman who doesn't know how to bow down."

"She will, where it matters. I love that she is strong, has that intense fire and that she has all this power, it's what attracts me to her even more. But, I'm also the type of man that things like that won't hurt my pride, so long as when it counts is where she will listen." Antonio looked over the man before him, seeing himself in Damian.

"You are right, on all accounts. But, you must understand how taxing this job is. She will have days where she will do harm and all she can do is cry and all you can do is hold her. Carolina did that for me. She grounded me and helped me through those times. We all know you did something like that already." Damian smiled as he thought about their lunch.

"I understand," Damian said, nodding his head. And he did, and he agreed with him on all accounts.

"Good, I'm holding you to your word that you won't break her heart."

"Hai la mia parola (you have my word)."

"Even better. With that said, I will revise the contract, but you must still get Angel to fall for you. Do you want me to talk to Rosa?"

"No, I have a feeling she will understand."

"Rosa loves Angel, she looks up to her. And all she has wanted was for Angel to be happy. And I think, figlio (son), you will make her happy." They shared a smile before Damian stood up to leave.

----

He took a sip of his coffee as he watched the door, waiting to see the woman walk in. He wasn't nervous about this. He was good at reading people and he could easily see within Rosa that, though she would do anything for her family, she had no real desire to do this. He smiled as she finally walked in and made her way over to his table.

"Hey Rosa," he said as he stood up and placed a kiss upon her cheek.

"Hey, sorry, I'm late. Class had run a little behind."

"Don't worry. Did you want anything?"

"I'm good, thank you." She sat her bag down and then took her seat. "What did you want to talk about?" He took a deep breath and he smiled at her.

"You're a smart woman, Rosa, and beyond beautiful and one day someone will treasure you like you should be treasured." She offered him a smile.

"But that's not you."

"I'm sorry..." he started but she waved him off.

"Don't be. You are a great friend, and a good looking guy, but you do nothing for me."

"Ouch," he said, holding his hand over his heart in mock hurt.

"Say's the man breaking up with me." They both shared a laugh and Rosa cocked her head to the side as she looked at him. "Have you talked to my dad?"

" (yes)."

"Bene (fine). Have you talked to my sister?" His eyes opened wide as he looked at her; he had hoped he was playing things a little cooler than that, but it seemed others had picked up on it.

"You know?"

"No offense Damian, but the sparks between you two scorch everyone else. And if that didn't tell anyone anything, then by the way you two look at each other is some big clues."

"Does she look at me like that?"

"Yes," she said as she looked at him, wanting to admit more but wouldn't to protect her sister. "What did my dad say?"

"He would change the contract without Angel knowing, but it will be up to me to win her heart." Rosa leaned back and crossed her arms.

"I don't envy you on that task. Make no mistake, Angel wants you, but to her stubborn ass, you and I are due to get married, so she will fight you."

"Just back me up Rosa, and we shouldn't have a problem." Rosa eyed him slowly before nodding.

"You hurt her; you answer to the whole family. Some of us may be innocents, but we are still maffisio. Do well to remember that."