Chapter 13 - Promise

Angel stayed outside for a few minutes to compose herself and her thoughts. As the boss, you didn't question when someone told you to do something. And if he liked it or not, Angel was Damian's boss and he had better start listening.

Oh, she knew he was curious, how could you not be? But that didn't mean that you didn't listen when someone said something. This could have gone a lot worse and if something happened, well it was on her head. She was supposed to be protecting him, not putting him in danger because he was curious.

She licked her lips as she walked over to him, a brow lifted. She was having a hell of a time with people ignoring her and she knew she was about to blow. "The next time I fucking say stay inside, I should be listened to." He held his hands up in surrender.

"I was only curious what you had planned for them."

"Yeah, well that can get you killed so I suggest you bottle that shit up next time."

"Would you have done anything?" She let out a breath. She knew, truthfully, that nothing would have happened to him. For one, those pains were just that; they might be tough behind a gun but they never would have gotten to that point. And two, her men were faster, stronger and better. They knew what would have needed to be done and would have taken care of it. So, honestly, if there was a time for him not to listen to her and to see how she was, that would have been the best time.

No, what was pissing her off was that he hadn't listened. And after the many days of fighting for any type of respect, it was something tiny to get pissed off over. But it was just the final straw.

"No, they wouldn't have done anything; we wouldn't have let them. But," she said, staring up at him. God damn, he really was such a good looking man. Really, how the hell had he stayed single for so long?

"But what?" he asked.

"You still didn't listen to what I told you to do. I'm really hitting my last nerve of people thinking they can walk over me just because I have a pair of tits and a pussy rather than a fucking dick." He smirked as his eyes landed on her tits and he took a step forward. He wasn't going to lie, watching her had done some things to him and he was fighting one hell of a hard on. It was already hot knowing she was in charge, but watching her, yeah that was something that could easily set him off.

"But I like said tits and pussy and wouldn't want it any other way. And I'm sorry, it really wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect." She tried her best not to smirk at his answer, but she failed.

"This one time Damian, I will allow it. But, I swear, it happens again and you will see my anger."

"An Italian woman angry? Now that is truly a scary ass sight." He stepped closer to her and whispered in her ear. "Is that a promise? Will you go all queen on me?" She let his arms slide around her, not sure the magic he had to sooth her. This wasn't the first time of course, but it was still as shocking. Her eyes trailed over his face as she rested her hands on his arms. "What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"You." He gave her a pointed look and she shrugged.

"Okay, Regina della mafia (Mafia queen), what about me?"

"What power do you have over me that you can calm me down?"

"No power," he whispered, his hand cupping her cheek. "Maybe just a bond, did you think of that?" She blinked a couple times before shaking her head. No, because to her, it would have been impossible because, again, she wasn't supposed to be his. "God, you are such a gorgeous woman." She swallowed hard and tried to take a step back but he still held her tightly.

"You know I'm not." Without thought, her fingers brushed up and over the scar.

"No, that doesn't diminish the beauty at all. Angelina, I don't know who ever lied to you, but that is all it was, you are truly stunning."

"Damian, you don't need to say that to save my feelings."

"You think that's what I'm doing? Playing nice with you?" She wanted to say yes, wanted to tell him that he would really be alone in thinking that, but for whatever reason, she couldn't. "You have had men, right?" Talk about a change of topic! She blushed but nodded; why the hell was he asking?

"Of course."

"Lights off?"

"Yes. The scars on my body are just as bad and no one would want to see them!"

"Did you have to drug the men so they would sleep with you?" Her eyes opened wide as she stared at him and tried yet again to take a step back, which he sneered at. "Stop trying to leave my arms, I don't like it," he ordered.

"Um..." she started but was unable to finish. No one bossed her around and yet, here she stood, rim rod straight and making no move to leave his arms.

"Do I need to repeat the question, Angelina?" What the fuck? She was in charge here and didn't bow to no one, but yet, his tone was doing things to her that it shouldn't. "Rispondimi, piccola. (Answer me, baby)."

"N...no, I didn't...drug them, they came willingly."

"So, men wanted to fuck you, and here you stand, questioning the why? Would you think you are an easy lay?" God, was he thinking she was a slut? Some two bit whore that slept with anyone that shown a little bit of interest in her?

"Fuck you; I'm not that type of female!" He chuckled and cupped her cheek again, brushing his thumb over her cheek bone.

"Not what I'm saying. I'm merely showing you that they wanted you, all of you, because you were sexy and beautiful, not because you were easy." Oh, well, that was different and what could she say to that? In retro respect, she never quite thought about the men she had been with wanting her. Sure, they wanted sex, and sure they enjoyed it, but really nothing more ever came from it, but was that her doing?

"I....uh...."

"Yes?"

"I don't know what to say to that Damian. You are right; they must have wanted me, on some level."

"All of you, because, again, you are sexy and beautiful, scars be damned." His lips moved over her jaw and up to her ear, but he never kissed her. Which made her long for more, although she couldn't phantom why. "When we make love, bella (beautiful one), and we will, the lights will be on so I can see my Regina della mafia (Mafia queen), in all of her sexiness." It wasn't a request, or a promise, it was a straight order, a demand. And fuck, she didn't do those! So, why the hell did this one make a pool of desire start in her core and travel upward?