epilogue part 1: the return

"will I ever see you again?"

"Of course, we'll be waiting."

——

Katsuki sighed as he stepped out of the airport. He could feel a warm breeze entering his black skull shirt from his stomach and leaving at his neck. It's July, one month before the exam.

A middle-aged man stopped next to Katsuki as he ran his hand through his brown hair.
"It has been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah it has, now let's go, I need to go train and explore,"
The older one chuckled as he walked towards the bus station.
"Don't go too hard on yourself Katsuki, resting is also important to your health."

"Yeah yeah I know, you've been telling me this since I was 5! I couldn't forget it even if I want to!" Katsuki pouted and rolled his eyes as he proceeded to follow his sperm donor.

It was a quick 15 minutes bus drive when they arrived their old house. It was filled with memories, mostly the ones he wanted to forget. His father never really sold this house, Katsuki thinks he didn't even know it was his house after his wife went to prison.

His father had offered to buy another house to avoid the old memories coming back but Katsuki refused. He thought that it's time for him to man up and face his past.

No one actually knew about the pair coming back to Japan. Katsuki wanted to keep it a secret so he could surprise his foster family when he enters Yuuei. And so he needed to train hard to get in.

Katsuki walked around the familiar household. He brushed his hand through the dusty cabinets and sofa. It actually feels good to be back to where he was from.

"Mum please stop!"

"Its for your own good damn child, villains are supposed to get beaten"

Katsuki shook his head as the memories began to wash over him. He began to head to his room located upstairs.

Opening the door, he could see that nothing had changed throughout all these years, the same All Might posters on the wall, the All Might figures on the shelf.

Of course, his mother would never allow a 'villain' to have a hero's merch. It's all from Auntie Inko, who knew Katsuki was a hardcore All Might fan just like her son.

Mitsuki didn't throw some of them away because Inko and Izuku would sometimes come over and the two kids would play together in his room. At least before he started bullying him.

But Mitsuki would sometimes break the figures or rip the posters and blame it on Katsuki when Inko asked.

But that was all in the past. He looked over to his bed to see different stuff spread out on his bed. He had packed and left so suddenly years ago that he didn't put all the stuff back to their original place.

Among all the stuff on his bed, a certain metal object caught his attention. He ran his finger through the silver blades as he held it in his hand.

He owned two razors when he was small, he packed one away and left one at home. He took a look at his waist, all the scars from before had faded away. But you could still see it if you look hard enough, just like his trauma, disappeared but not completely gone.

He threw the razor in the bin and sat on his bedroom floor, it's nice to finally be back and with some peace and quiet instead of someone screaming every second.

——
"Welcome listeners! Who's excited for the exam?"

"..."

Guess he didn't change at all

god i'm so sorry 😭 I didn't have the motivation to write the epilogue but ITS NOW HERE
it's part one and hopefully I'll write soon 😗