Don't Ever Let it End

So this is my first ever one shot on Wattpad. I hope it's alright. It's based on a song by Nickelback
(coincidentally I'm listening to them now) called Don't Ever Let it End. I absolutely love the song, and it immediately made me think of our Boy Wonder.

Quick Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this fic. DC owns them, and you own Y/n. I also don't own the song. That is owned by the original writers.

  So here goes nothing. Hope you enjoy ;)

  Well, I got two tickets to the game
  It'd be great if I could take you to it this Sunday

  "Hey, you wanna go to that baseball game on Sunday?" Dick asked you while the two of you were chilling in his room.

  You shrugged, hiding the big-ass smile that threatened to take over your face, "Sure. Why not?"

  He nodded, "Cool. I'll get the tickets then."

  You looked up from your book, "Oh, no Dick, you don't have to get them."

  He smirked, "But I want to."

  You blushed slightly and quickly looked back down at your book, pretending to read. This infatuation with your best friend was really frustrating and problematic. It made hanging out with him a lot harder than it should be, as you were constantly trying to hide how flustered he could make you.

  It didn't help that he happened to be your partner against crime, so you were around him all the time working on cases and kicking bad-guy ass.

  And now you were going to spend Sunday at a baseball game with him. It excited you as much as it filled you with dread, but you would have to push through. Relax, enjoy the game. Try to forget about your feelings for Dick and just have fun being his friend.
  Yeah. His friend.

  Dick's POV

  And I'll walk you home when the whole thing's done
  If you're there, I don't even care which team won

  Dick discovered a lot of things on Sunday.

  One: baseball would never get old.
  Two: being in love with his best friend definitely would.

  It hurt being around her all the time and not getting to hold her and kiss her like he so badly wanted to. He felt so happy when he was with her, his heart soaring everytime she smiled or laughed because of something he said. She was so incredible and beautiful.

  He sometimes found it hard to breathe.

  That was why, when he knocked on her door and she opened it wearing the team t-shirt tucked into a pair of shorts, a cap sitting on her head, he had to pinch his own leg to snap himself out of the trance it put him in.

  "Hey," she said cheerfully, beaming at him, "I'm almost ready. I just gotta put my converse on and get my handbag."

  He grinned at her treasingly, "And here I thought I gave you enough time to get ready."

  You nudged him gently with your elbow, "I overslept, Mr Up-Before-Dawn. Not all of us like getting up at ungodly hours. Even if we are vigilantes."

  He chuckled and plopped down on her couch as she finished getting ready.

  The stands were packed and the game was good, but afterwards Dick couldn't say which team had won. He honestly didn't care. Not when Y/n was talking about it so excitedly next to him as they walked home.

  We could stop at the coffee shop
  And make fun of the cops in the parking lot
  We could laugh as we both pretend that we're not in love and that we're just good friends.