Mrs G

This was inspired by another one shot. Credit goes to whoever wrote that one (I can't remember).
  Disclaimer: DC owns the characters and you own Y/n.
  Enjoy ;)

  "Why are you so- so..."

  "So what, Blue Crane? Please do share what you think of your team leader," Nightwing spat.

  You groaned in frustration and anger, glaring at his domino mask. He glared right back, blue eyes boring into yours through that stupid disguise.

  Despite your hatred for each other, you and Nightwing knew each other's identities. Dick had been your best friend when you were little, seeing as Bruce had been your godfather. You two had spent hours training together and used to be inseparable. Even Wally had never had as close a bond with Dick as you'd had.

  But then that bond had broken, and sometimes you wished you knew why. The two of you had just started bickering more and more, the friendship between you slowly turning into rivalry. And now here you were, yelling at each other in front of the whole Young Justice team.

  "Just forget it," you snapped, "The mission can't wait forever."

  As you walked towards the bioship, you could have sworn you heard a dejected sigh leave Dick's mouth. Could he be mourning your lost friendship as much as you? No. You must be imagining things.

———

  "I don't know, B. It's a pretty big risk to take," you said to your (new) best friend.

  Barbara sighed, "I know, Y/nn, but if I'm right..."

  "Then it'll be a big win, I know," you finished for her.

  She nodded, "Exactly."

  You opened your mouth to reply but stopped when you heard shouts coming from the briefing room up ahead.

  "Stop the speedster!"

  Then, on cue, a red blur shot down the passage towards you and Barbara who were already in a battle stance. However, you were shocked to see that blur barrel into you and... hugged you!

  "Hey Mrs G!" the blur — a teenage boy — exclaimed, "It's been a while! How're the kids? I just saw Mr G back there. He tried to handcuff me. You should talk to him about that. Well, gotta run! See you later, Mrs G!"

  Then he zoomed off, you and Barbara too shocked to stop him.

  "What did he call you?" she asked.

  Thudding footsteps came down the hallway and then Dick was there.

  "Why didn't you stop him?" he demanded.

  You bristled, "We were going to but then he... hugged me!"

  Barbara frowned in confusion, "And spoke to her as if they knew each other."

  Dick sighed, "He claims he's from the future. Luckily I put a tracker on him so we can't lose him."

  You raised an eyebrow, "You do know any tracker would fall off at those speeds, right?"

  He glared at you, "Not one he swallowed."

———

  "Hey, Bart?" you asked, walking up to the young speedster. It had been a few weeks since he'd arrived in the 'past' and you had grown fond of the little squirt.

  "Yeah, Mrs G?" he replied cheerfully.

  You frowned slightly, "Why do you call me that?"

  He cocked his head to the side, "Are you not Mrs Grayson?"