Prologue

Dear Readers,

I've written Vampire novels, but this is my first ever Werewolf story and thus may be lacking in depth of lore. However I'm hopeful that the variation in character types and switches in scenery will make for entertaining reading nevertheless 😊 And while my work is usually for adults, this story in particular is meant for an 18+ audience and contains scenes of a violent and sexual nature.  If that is not your cup of tea, please don't read on as I would hate for anyone to feel disturbed.

Again, this is a "Mature" work and meant for adults only.

Happy Reading! ❤️

Mina

———————————

"So Alexandra...."

Alex raised one dark brow at her mother's use of her full name. Bridget Fraser Blake was looking at her through the review mirror, one hand lying gently on her husband's arm. To anyone else, she would have appeared to be the epitome of calmness and innocence. Alex knew better. Her mom was up to something...

"Dad and I were wondering if you thought a bit more about Harvard?'

Bingo! Alex rolled her eyes, "I knew that dainty-lady tone you were using was bad news."

Bridget's jade green eyes narrowed, her lips pursing. "Alexandra Elenora Fraser Blake!"

"Oh mom, please don't do that!"

Robert Blake laughed, deftly manoeuvring the car around the curves of Bride's Pool road. It was rare for the CEO of Blake Corp to be driving himself and the expression on his handsome face said he was enjoying every minute of it. "Now, now honey. Alex is right. We don't need to resort to full-name-calling."

"Exactly," Alex leaned forward, placing a kiss on her dad's cheek before doing the same on her mom's. "Stop worrying and enjoy the scenery! Isn't it beautiful here?"

And it was. With its waterfalls and red-coloured earth, Plover Cove was one of truly breathtaking parks in Hong Kong and a Blake family favourite. But it wasn't the terrain or the gorgeous views of the reservoir that had Alex picking this spot for their new year trip, it was the trees. She had always had a soft spot for them. Hollow maples, Five Finger camphors, multiple species of bamboo and untouched feng shui woodlands. The thought of hiking amongst the old beings had made up her mind. That and eating peking duck pizza when they returned to the city.

"I just don't want you to feel rushed, honey," her mom sighed in the front seat. "University can be so full on and pre-med? You're only sixteen..."

Alex took a deep breath, trying hard to understand why her mother couldn't just be happy for her. She was graduating high school two years ahead of time and had received an early acceptance to Harvard; most parents would have been ecstatic. Of course, her parents weren't anything like most parents.

Despite owning one of the biggest corporations in the States, the Blakes didn't care about names and labels. Between Harvard and some unknown community college, they would have picked the community college without batting an eye if that would lead her to happiness.

'The only thing that is not overrated is happiness': that was her mom's mantra.

Alex felt her heart warm as she watched her mom adjust her pearl necklace. Only Bridget Blake would wear pearls and colour combine her lipstick and trainers while going hiking.

"Actually, you're right to be worried," Alex admitted, drawing a surprised look from both of her parents. "Once I graduate from medical school, I am going to convince our company's charity department to build free medical clinics all across the world. I'm going to drain ridiculous amounts of money from the company, then demand more. I wouldn't be surprised if Blake Corp goes bankrupt because of me, so I completely understand your concerns."