Chapter 41

"I tried," Gabriel muttered, then he was kissing her again. Alex sighed, revelling in the feelings that coursed through her body. Her plans to flee evaporated as he pulled her sweater over her head and pushed the thin straps of her camisole down her arms.

"So beautiful," he murmured against her skin. Her shirt fell to the floor, closely followed by her bra and jeans. She was almost naked now. His hot gaze travelled the length of her before he picked her up in his arms. 

"Gabriel?" She questioned, but he just kissed her in response and walked into the bedroom. 

The bedside lamp cast a dim light across the king sized bed. Gabriel laid her down, then stepped back to remove his own clothes. Alex took in his broad chest, the grooves around his abs, his muscular legs...she sucked in her breath doubt filling her at the sheer size of him.

He lay down beside her, his movements slower than they had been before, "There's nothing to be scared of." His fingers circled her breasts lightly, her nipples tightening in reaction. The pleasure was sweet, but she was still nervous. How was that meant to fit?

Gabriel's eyes flew to her face, a crooked smile on his lips, "It will fit, baby, don't worry."

How the hell had he guessed what she was thinking? Alex suddenly remembered something he had said to Bertie back at Lupus Corp: I can't read her. With a sinking feeling she narrowed her eyes at him, "Are you reading my mind?"

"Yes," he bent, taking her breast in his mouth and sucking hard.

"Ah," she couldn't help the moan that burst from her lips as pleasure shot to the moist place between her legs. Wait, no, he was reading her mind? Did he always do that? Pleasure warred with panic until Gabriel lifted her hands above her head and looked down at her face.

"I can't normally read you, Alex.  Only when you let me in. When you let yourself go, like you are doing now."

So she could stop him? Alex pulled herself together, trying to regain control.

"No, baby, don't push me out," Gabriel pleaded, kissing her again. "Let me hear you. I want to know what makes you feel good."

His fingers drifted lower, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake. He caught her gasp with his mouth as his fingers found her slick folds.

"Gabriel," she moaned, releasing her hold on her thoughts. More. She wanted more of him, of his kisses, of his fingers. He matched her desires, stroking her tongue with his own as one of his fingers pushed into her.

"Ah," she turned her head to the side, needing air. Gabriel moved back to her breasts, licking  and sucking as he moved his finger out. Alex grabbed at his hair as a strange sensation began to build inside her. "Gabriel?" Her hips were moving of their own accord towards something she didn't understand. 

"Let go, baby," Gabriel whispered in her ear, adding a second finger to his ministrations, "Just let yourself go."

She grabbed his shoulders, squeezing as her senses exploded. Gabriel moved his fingers deeper, holding her as she came apart.

Alex opened her eyes a few moments later, unable to recall when she had closed them. Her body felt light and there was a hot wetness between her legs. She looked up at Gabriel who gave her a strained smile.

Was he in pain? "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," he pushed her hair from her forehead, kissing her nose with affection. 

She put her hands on his hard chest, frowning up at him, "Let me feel you."

"Alex-" he began, but she cut him off.