Chris
Tuesday morning

"I rode past your house for hours, just to feel close to you. No cards, no gifts, no flowers could get me back with you. Your kiss, your touch, girl, you know I miss it, But you got my heart inside a prison less cage."

The hook to the song I wrote for Zoey called Damage played over the computer lab speaker. As I put the finishing touches on it, my brother and Liz came in.

So we back to this again?" Lizzy asked

Liz, please don't start right now, please I already feel like shit for this," He sighs. Well, maybe you wouldn't feel like shit if you perhaps I don't know, didn't do it," BigC.

Nigga your my brother; you're supposed to be on my side," Chris told him; Brother, I'm with you when your right, but go off sis," They walked away. Chris finished the song and sent it to Zoey's email from his burner account before grabbing his bag and making his way to lunch. As I walked to lunch, I saw Zoey looking fine as hell.

She had her headphones in, and she seemed focused, so I assumed she was listening to the song I wrote

She had her headphones in, and she seemed focused, so I assumed she was listening to the song I wrote. Hey Chris." She said dryly, "Hey Zoe. Where you headed?."

We were just about to head to This is Wings wanna come?" BigC asked

Only if Zoey wants me there," I replied. Chris, who do you think wanted to invite you in the first place?" Lizzy asked

Shut up Liz!," Zoey nudged her. Well, let's go then, I guess." Chris smirked. We got into Lizzy's Malibu and made our way to the wing joint. They seated us quickly, and we ordered our drinks.

"So Zoey .. you uh got a prom date?"

No, Chris, but I'm sure you do," Zoey sipped her sprite

Actually, I don't, and I'm glad you don't have one because I want to take you." He said boldly

Everyone at the table looked at him with their mouths dropped. Zoey started blushing, and it was hard not to because she still likes Chris. "O-Okay, I'll go." The gang finished eating and headed back to campus to finish the school day. At the end of the day, we couldn't go home because we had to practice for the homecoming game and the band also had to practice.

...
6:44pm

The practice was over, and I was heading to the locker room. It is no surprise that football practice ended before the band finished practicing. I was tired, but I wanted to stay and wait for Zoey. But then again, I was sleepy dena bitch. "Aye C, you ready?"

I'm waiting for Liz to get out of practice." BigC cheesed. Shit, now I feel like I need to wait for Zoey because if BigC waits for Lizzy and I don't wait for Zoe, it will be a fight.

"Yeah, I'ma wait for Zoey too." C, can I ask you something? You like Lizzy?" I asked him

"Chris, I'll slap you. But yes, I do like her. She makes me want to buckle down and prepare for the man I'm going to become," BigC said. "Now, let me ask you something."

Why did you do that to Zoey, man? I don't understand how a month or so before you were writing her love songs and then when you get a little bit of attention you went and broke her heart," BigC asked.

I don't know, man, honestly. However, I do like her C." Chris replied

Then nigga act like it! I'm tired of hearing her and Lizzy talking about you and Zoe crying non-stop. If you want Zoey, then put in the work like she is trying to do with you." BigC

Before Chris could respond, the girls came in from band practice and no cap; they looked exhausted. Lizzy's face lit up when she saw BigC standing there. Zoey had an "I wish". Look on her face but when she saw me her face lit up as well.

How was practice?." Chri asked her

Hard." Both of the girls said

Let me carry these for you." Chris grabbed her backpack and band bag. "Wow... Thank you, Chris". Zoey kisses his cheek

Zoey, Chris, Lizzy, and BigC all walked to the parking lot that Zoey's car was in. We opened the doors for the women and once they were in we put their bags in the back seat. Zoey, I was wondering if we could hang out tonight?"

I have a bit of homework but I'm having a hard time understanding the math problems in chapter 13. You can come over and help me?," Zoey smiles softly

Of course," Chris smiled and kisses her cheek. The gesture took both of them for surprise. They just quickly separated and made the way home.

Like, Comment,Share❤️