ten

The ceremony had already started, much to Astra's embarrassment. She looked back at me, I knew it was my fault, but that really wasn't necessary. I looked around the room. It was more of a ballroom, but with a stage. I honestly didn't think this was the school's gym. It was a lot more like the school's grand ballroom. To be fair here, I was pretty sure that this school had a room for everything. I didn't know how they funded it, but being at such an amazing building was probably the best part about the whole experience.

It had soaring columns down the corners of the walls, and intricate designs on each, painted gold. There were portraits of people, presumably alumni painted across along the walls. The only empty parts were behind the stage. I counted. It was just enough for each of our portraits to be up there.

The principal stood proudly up on the stage, not bothering to acknowledge us as Astra and I walked in late, taking our seats in the chairs set out for us.

The principal talked confident and slow. I couldn't tell whether he was a devil or an angel just by looking at him. He wore a perfectly tailored blazer, his hair was slicked back evenly, although you could see a streak or two of white breaking the blackness of his hair. He resembled more one of those movie mafia bosses than he did a school principal. I don't know if I like him yet, but I do know that I like his style and I think that's more than good enough.

I look over to see that Levi is changing seats to come sit beside us. I want to gag. This thing was going to be bad enough as is, I didn't need him to start annoying me through all of this on top of it.

But of course, as I should have already learned, it was typical Levi behaviour. I almost groaned aloud, but I knew that Astra would start yelling at me for being rude. Of course, he had to be sitting beside me. I turned over at Astra, begging her to help me. She either didn't notice or wasn't feeling gracious enough that day because she ignored me and continue to listen to the principal droning on.

"So, how've you been?" Levi asked, trying to make casual conversation.

"Shitty." I replied. If I had to force myself to talk to him then I might as well be giving out honest answers.

"I'm uh, sorry to hear that." He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I couldn't care less that I'd made things awkward. I was already having a terrible day, and didn't care if it got any worse, or if I managed to ruin anyone else's day. I was having a bad time and so would everyone else around me.

"Yeah. How about you? Horny, I assume, you were practically begging for me after we did nothing more than kiss." I reminded him. He blushed bright red as a tomato. I was enjoying the fact that I'd embarrassed him. Astra glared over at me, warning me that I should learn how to keep it down or I was going to get a piece of her. I knew that Astra could be horrifying when she really wanted to be.

He huffed, seemingly, maybe just a bit offended at that comment, but it was alright, because that was just the way that I was hoping to make him feel. "No, not horny. And fuck you because as a matter of fact my day has also been shitty."

"Well great then, I hope you have a great day full of shit." I said, honestly wanting nothing more than to tell him to fuck off. Which, I really hoped he would do soon. It almost hurt when he'd called me over that other night. It almost hurt the way that he wanted nothing more to do with me than to use me for his own self gratification. But then again, that seemed to be all anyone ever wanted me for. That seemed to be all that I was good for.

"Oh really? Because I hope you have a shitty day too. I hope your day is even more shitty than mine." He replied, obviously, getting a bit more angry than he had been before. It was nice to see some else getting all worked up. It was always on the entertaining side.

I mean, this guy deserved it for the way that he'd made me feel. He deserved to feel mad, and shitty and to get toyed with.

"Oh, you hope I have a shitty day, now, do you? Well I hope you that you drop fucking dead."

It was in that moment that I'd realized that I'd gone just a bit too far than I intended too. Unfortunately I didn't notice until it was already too late because he was five seconds away from bursting out into tears. I swear, on my life, I hadn't meant to make the tough guy cry