012

Chapter twelve - Sophia's childhood

Vinnie's pov

I heard cries as footsteps got closer to the door. Once the door opened I saw Kevin's face, all stern as he passed me and left the apartment. I quickly rushed to Sophia who was now sitting on her knees with her face in her hands.

I have to admit, it was painful hearing her cry. The major heartbreak she had because of that Kevin bitch.

"Hey hey" I said removing her hands away from her face "you don't need him" I muttered as I removed the hair that was soaked in her tears "you never needed him" I mumbled and hugged her for a while.

As she cried on my shoulder, we stood up from the floor and just stayed in that position for a while longer as I rubbed her back.

"I'm right here, he won't be back"

.

Sophia and I finished dinner after she calmed down, but she wasn't speaking much. Her eyes are so red and puffy from all the crying earlier. Sophia would talk once in a while, but she would talk really quietly and her voice was muffled a little bit.

We were now on the couch watching T.V, Sophia suggested that we would just watch movies before I had to leave for the night. But I really didn't want to leave, especially when she's sad like this. Sophia was laying down with her head on my lap sleeping, and since I didn't want to wake her from her rest, I decided to text Chase and see if he would take care of Sophia when I go.

Chase Hudson

Hey Chase?

Chase Hudson
Yup?

I kinda have a situation

Chase Hudson
What is it?

Just come to Sophia's apartment,
I'll tell you when you get here

Chase Hudson
Sophia's apartment? Is she ok?

Just come, It's hard to explain on
text.

Chase Hudson
I'll be there in a few minutes.

I placed my phone down beside me and waited for Chase to arrive. I really didn't think that Chase would like it if I told him what happened between Sophia and Kevin, but I think Chase should know, he is her brother.

.

I heard a knock on the door and instantly knew it was probably Chase. I grabbed a pillow and placed it under Sophia's head as I slipped out to answer the door. I walked to the door and unlocked it for Chase. 

Once I opened the door, I saw the worried experession on Chase's face as I let him in to see Sophia sleeping on the couch. 

"What happened?" he asked as I closed and locked the door "Vinnie what did you-" 

"It wasn't me." I said walking in front of him "Kevin came here earlier" I sighed as Chase's face changed from worried to angry. 

"How did- nevermind, then what happened?" 

"There, they started fighting, Kevin was blaming her for why they broke up, talked about your parents being unfair to Sophia, then the cheating and the abuse." 

"That motherfucker." 

"I know. But she never told me about your parents, what happened?" I said

"She never wants to talk about it, honestly, she doesn't even want to talk about her childhood because.. our parents never really payed any attention to her ever since she started going to school." 

my face softened "Really? why not?" 

"I really don't know, Mom and Dad always payed attention to Me and my other sisters, one little mess up from us never really mattered, but if Sophia does something slightly wrong, They would burst out in anger. That was why she got into a relationship with Kevin in the first place" 

"But who would ever want to get in a relationship with that dickhead?" 

"Kevin wasn't always a devil, he did used to love Sophia, but after a couple weeks, he changed to a complete demon" 

"Your parents are the reason why she.." 

"Yea. Sophia loves our parents, but they don't love her like that." he said and sighed "She always had to be perfect, had to be a perfect kid in school, be the most behaved at home, she always had to prove herself to our parents just so they could love her at least a little bit" 

"That's horrible" 

"Me and my sisters had to take care of her since our parents didn't. That's why she lives alone, That's why she's always smiling, she almost never cries. And Honestly I hate that for her. She's always forcefully happy most of the time. And she's great at it too, if I don't catch her crying then I wouldn't know that something was going on" 

"They don't know the situation with Kevin?" 

"They do, when Sophia comes home when bruises all over her body that's the only time they would care for Sophia, and I guess that was Sophia's way of getting my parents to notice her. Getting abused by Kevin" 

"I'm so sorry but those are some shitty parents" 

"you can say that again, Sophia changed her ways when we came to L.A, she tells me about stuff that's going on, she's not as perfect as she was before, and she's not really that sneaky with her feelings anymore. L.A really helped her"

"i was just wondering, could you stay here with her? I didn't want to leave but, I can't just stay here without asking. So I figured you should stay here with Sophia for the night" 

"I mean yea, Your leaving?" 

"Yea, but then I thought, what if Kevin comes back?" I said and walked to the door and unlocked it.

"Oh I'm gonna kill his ass if he ever shows his face in front of me again" 

"I was about too, but Sophia stopped me" I said as I opened the door and left. 

.

A/n: a little bit of Sophia's childhood :)