037

CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN : DREADING
*TW, SOME MENTIONS OF SA

VINNIE'S POV

"north Carolina? drag her away? They can't do that, they won't do that" I babbled my words.

they were gonna take her away? why? they can't take her away, she's the only one I have left.

"I'm gonna find a way to fix this, trust me Vinnie."

"chase what-" the call ended.

I tried calling chase again multiple times, but it always led to voicemail. I regretted it before, that I wasn't there to protect her, now especially. Maybe if I just stayed with her that night, nothing would've happened and she wouldn't have to move back to North Carolina.

the studio door suddenly opened "Vinn?" I turned around to see Sophia, another outfit she was wearing. "you ok love?"

"yea I'm good, just needed to take a phone call" I said and smiled

"oh ok, well I'm almost done, if you want you can wait in the car for me" Sophia smiled at me, if she gets forced back to North Carolina her smiles are one of the things I'll miss most.

"sure, I'll wait in the car" I said before I gave her a little kiss on the top of her head and walked to the car. In my mind was the fact that I could lose Sophia, because I failed to protect her from the stupid ass who tried to rape her. If i could turn back time, I would've just made sure she was safe, made sure I never let her out of my sight, made sure she didn't drink so much so that she could've attempted to protect herself.

I knew that blaming myself was not the right way to go, but I just couldn't help it. I knew to myself that I could've done something more to protect her.

NARRATOR'S POV

After about 10 minutes, Sophia exited the studio and walked to the car. Vinnie was on his phone, trying to distract himself, from what could happen in the near future. Vinnie's frown turned into an instant smile when sophia entered the car.

She sighed in relief "I'm so tired, let's go to my place so I can change out of these clothes and take a shower."

"I was actually thinking if we could stay at the hype house tonight, I kinda wanna start streaming again on twitch, haven't done that in a while." Vinnie tried to make excuses, although he wasn't sure if it was convincing or not "I also wanna see Hera again, haven't seen her in a bit since we've been staying at your place for the week or so" 

Sophia was a bit suspicious about how Vinnie was acting, but she just played along with it. "sure, I too also miss Hera, I'll just get some stuff from the house sometimes this week" Vinnie nodded, saying nothing as he started the car and drove away.

They grabbed some food before heading to the Hype House, although, while they were driving, they got stuck in some traffic. Sophia was exhausted from the photo shoot today and fell asleep in the car. Vinnie's mind was still on the topic of Sophia and North Carolina.

Not long though, they finally reached the Hype house, Sophia was peacefully asleep, of course Vinnie didn't want to wake her up, she must be really tired. Vinnie quietly got out of his side of the car and walked to the passenger side. Before grabbing Sophia, Vinnie took her bag and put it over his shoulder. Then, Vinnie tried the best he could to carry Sophia without waking her up. Vinnie put Sophia's arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, compared to Vinnie, Sophia looked like a child with her size.