Author's Prompt #3: Modern AU

The Other Half

-

She should've known.

Grandiose wedding is every woman's dream. We can only get married for once in our whole life- if you're really committed that is.

Lesley excitedly browsed some bridal gown for her wedding. She is soon to be Lesley Paxley! She is finally marrying her childhood friend who she promised herself to.

"Have you picked yet?" Her little brother, Harley, peeked at the brochure she is currently flipping the pages.

"I think I'll go for this pink and black."

Yep, it's Lesley's Valentine's special outfit, dangerous love.

"It will absolutely look beautiful on you especially if you dye your hair with bubble gum pink." Harley suggested.

"You think so? I think Gusion would look good with a purple hair too." Lesley thought hard. "You're right, I should suggest it to him."

"Speaking of your groom, where is he anyway?"

"I don't know. He told me he'll be here." Lesley stood up from the couch she is sitting on and picked up her phone.

She dialled her childhood friend's phone number and it rang for atleast three times when he finally picked up from the other side.

"Gusion where are you-?" She whined at him but got cut off.

"Excuse me, who is this?"

Lesley halted her words but regained her composure. Who is this girl on the other line? She was supposed to answer but the other line beats her to it.

"Hello? Who is this?" It repeated with a calming and soothing voice.

"Ah, apologies. This is Lesley, Gusion's fiancee. Can I talk to him please? Are you his new secretary or something? Why is his phone on your hold?"

The girl on the other side kept silent for a long time that Lesley thought she hanged up on her so she glanced at the phone and saw that it is still connected.

"Excuse me, miss? I need to talk to Gusion." Lesley is irritated now.

Why can't that girl answer her properly like a normal human being?

"Pardon? I mean yeah- he's- he's here." Lesley can hear the slight tremble on the girl's voice. She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the phone for atleast 2 seconds.

"Guin? Holy shi-"

Lesley can hear Gusion plucking the phone from the girl's hand. "Guin- this is-!"

"Your fiancee asks for you," the girl on the other line can be heard walking away.

"Gusion? Why are you still not here? You're suppose to pick your clothes for the wedding and who was that? Why is she holding your phone? Gusion?! Hey!" Lesley exasperatedly stared at the phone. "Are you even listening to me?!"

"Sorry, Les. I'll talk to you later. There's an emergency in the office." Gusion ended the call and Lesley stared shocked at her phone.

What the hell? Did he just ended the call without informing her properly? Can't he atleast give even five minutes of his time for her? It has been days since they last saw each other after all.