Chapter 10

A few days later

Y/n's POV:

You woke up peacefully to find a terrible pain emitting within your hand. You looked at it to see it was black, as if you had poured a bottle of ink all over.

This must be the curse you thought with a sigh, knowing that it will most likely be the end of you. You thought back to Gloxinia and how he would feel once you've gone. He would be devastated, heart broken even.

You hid the marks by wearing gloves, the ones Meliodas gave you on the day you first met. You walked out of your room and walked down the hall, to find all the Commandments minding their own business in the throne room.

You were pulled into a tight hug by Gloxinia, accidentally moving your arm from the impact. You bit your lip in pain as he ranted on about how he was worried.

You chuckled before ruffling his hair as he pulled away,
" You're such a dork,"

You both went outside and began to play tag like you usually would. Whilst you were running away, you felt the curse travel up your arm, causing you to stop running.

You concealed your whimpers of pain before telling Gloxinia you were going to the bathroom. He gave you a suspicious glance, knowing you would never end a game of tag before nodding.

You walked away and went inside to the girls bathroom. You looked in the mirror, to see tears were pricking your eyes without you even realizing it. Taking the glove off, you saw your hand and lower arm was black. Whenever you moved them, it felt like they were on fire.

* Back with Gloxinia *

Gloxinia asked in curiosity and worry,
" Do you think Y/n is hiding something?
I can sense she his hiding something painful,"

Dereri commented, shrugging her shoulders,
" Yeah, something is bothering her, she was poisoned and you were nearly killed so, I don't know,"

Gloxinia stood there deep in thought before breaking the silence,
" I'm going to find out what she's hiding,"

Y/n's POV:

You walked out of the bathroom before going to your bedroom window, which was facing the opposite side of were the commandments were. You had no idea how to summon your wings, but it was worth a try.

You concentrated all your power into your back before you felt large, feathered wings emerge from thin air. One wings was as black as midnight and the other was as white as snow. You cheered, mentally, before setting of to Meliodas. You knew he would know something about this.

A few minutes later, you arrived at the pub before your wings disappeared. You walked in to see Elizabeth was wiping the table whilst humming to herself.

She looked up to see you, her eyes widened in response. She ran over to you before engulfing you into a tight embrace,
" I was so worried! I'm so glad you're okay!"

You chuckled whilst thanking her as Meliodas came down the stairs. He was surprised to see you and had a gut feeling at why you were here. You pulled away from the hug before showing them the curse.

Elizabeth gasped in shock, whereas Meliodas just sighed. He expected this to happen and it was his fault. He was the one who told Merlin to make the poison. He never realized that he saw you as a friend until now.

He explained with a guilty look,
" There's no cure, Merlin told me. She said once it reaches your heart, you'll die, immortal or not,"

You looked at your hand in shock. You were leaving Gloxinia, your best friends. You knew you had to accept the fact that you were going to die, and you have.

You thanked him for the information before giving them one last hug before leaving. You shed a few tears whilst flying, the fear of death was overwhelming.

You landed in your room before dropping to the floor in agony. The curse began to spread and consume every atom and cell within as it reached your shoulder. You whimpered in pain, feeling like your arm was being stabbed my a million needles.

It soon stopped before Gloxinia barged through the door in worry. He sighed in relief once he saw you but furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of your arm. You looked at the floor, refusing to meet his gaze.

He slowly flew over in confusion and worry,
" Y/n, what's this?"

You didn't respond and just kept staring at the floor, feeling guilty that he's finding out such devastating news. He gently grabbed your sore arm, causing you to wince in pain.

He asked, his voice shaking,
" Y/n, what is this?"

His voice sounded more demanding but the shakiness in his voice still remained. You inhaled deeply, trying to ease your nerves as you finally met his gaze. Your heart broke at the devastation in his expression.

You responded,
" It's the curse, it's begun,"

He shook his head as tears began to prick his eyes, his breathing began to go uneasy,
" No, no, no, you're safe. Meliodas gave you a potion -"

" That was to slow it down, this curse doesn't have an antidote, "

He fell to his knees from shock and fear as his tears finally leaked and escaped his eyes. You held in a sob at the sight of seeing him like this, hating the fact that you hurt him for this.

You knelt down before pulling him into a tight hug, letting him break down into your shoulder. You've never seen him this emotional before and it hurt, physically.

After a few minutes, you calmed him down, but his sobs still remained. He pulled away before wiping his tears, his cheeks were stained from the endless teardrops.

He held your hands in his shaky ones as he informed,
" We'll do something about it, I promise. You're not going to die,"

You were surprised by the sudden burst of determination before nodding with a hum. He kissed your forehead in a brotherly manner before helping you up. Even though he promised, somehow his words didn't ease your nerves.