dekapénte

"My life was just full of war before you came." A gray-haired woman said, her head still on his chest as she played with his long blonde hair, he wrapped his arms around her waist as they stood in the middle of the tent hugging, swaying side to side lazily.

"How come you wouldn't date?" Achilles asked curiously, making Selene chuckle. "It's because I was waiting for the right man."

"And that man is you, my love." She said and looked at him, full of affection in her eyes as she stared at the man she loved.

His face held no emotions but his eyes, it was his eyes that showed everything. It showed Selene how sincere he was. It showed how thankful he is that he in Troy right now and she thought that it was beautiful.

"You killed my brother!" Selene shouted and ran towards him, her face filled with so much emotions. She punched his bare chest while crying her heart out. At first he let the smaller woman punch his chest but then he suddenly took her wrist in one hand and threw her to the bed.

Achilles' chest throbbed in pain as he watched Selene's eyes widen when she realized what he had done. "You're a monster!" She shouted as she scooted back to the edge of the tent. Feeling guilty, Achilles' gaze softened and tried to reach out to the trembling woman.

"You have no mercy! You killed my brother!"

Selene cried and cried for the loss of her brother and she knew that it was this man, standing right in front of her was the one who killed him. Her eyes were full of hatred as she shouted, making the warrior flinch; "I should have killed you when I got the chance!"

"I came back for you.. I came back for you, just like what I promised." He breathed out making the dying woman smile weakly, of course he did. He kept his promise. He came back for Selene but she was slowly slipping away from him. "We will get married just like what I promised so please, hang on."

"I really have to bring you to a healer!" Achilles said, his voice deepening, knowing where this would end when Selene shook her head quickly, not wanting to feel more pain than what she was enduring.

"No, no, no. Stay here with me, my love." She whispered weakly as her eyes started to slowly close.

"Open your eyes, Selene!" Achilles demanded making her open them. His eyes were moistened with tears making the princess bring her hand up to softly caressed his cheek.

"It's okay, my love." She whispered, her voice above whisper as she felt blood seep through her dress. Selene took a deep breath and regretted it when her stomach cried in pain.

"Achilles." Selene called softly as tears began to flow down his cheeks. "Achilles, look at me, love." She repeated and caught his tears with her thumb.

"Achilles. Ever since the night we came back from Sparta. I always had these dreams where I'd be lying on the floor with a golden warrior holding me. I knew that was my death. I knew I was destined to die on the last day of this war. I knew I was going to die in the arms of the man I love." Selene said, gasping as she ran out of breath.

"I... I want you to live your life. I want you to find... another woman to love... I want... you to treasure a woman...."

"I want you to spend the rest of your life with your family."

Maybe it was the fates or destiny. As memories gushed in his head like a flood, he couldn't understand what it was or who she was. Maybe it was a dream? Maybe it was his past life?

But everything started to make sense.

That ever so familiar voice.

The gray hair and green eyes.

He knew that he only knew a person who had gray hair and deep forest eyes....

Selene