dekaeptá

BREAKFAST WAS SOMETHING Selene didn't look forward to after the eventful morning she just had. With Ares satisfying her every needs and Achilles telling her that he remembered everything, it was as if there was a whirpool inside her mind. What in the world was happening?

Andromache half smiled at the woman as she passed a plate full of meat which Selene thankfully took from her petite hands. Her actions were small as she took pieces of it before setting it down in front of her where Achilles sat, carefully studying her every actions.

The room was pretty chatty as Paris conversed with his subjects dining with him but all Selene could hear was the loud beating of her heart, what should she do?

From beside Achilles sat a beautiful child who met her eye. A blush crept to the younger's cheek as she shyly ate the meat that was stabbed by her fork. Selena indeed looked like Briseis. Her rowdy curly hair framed her face and brown eyes, it was undeniable that she was a beautiful child.

Paris cleared his throat making Selene look away from the child, "Have you trained with Ares, sister?" Paris asked after taking a sip from his gold goblet. Selene swallowed before answering, "I haven't got the chance to, Paris. I was, uhm, busy with other things." She answered, lying through her teeth as she heard Ares snicker from behind her chair.

Paris eyed the two before nodding, his gaze falling back to Helen who touched his arm, whispering something before looking at Selene with a knowing look. Of course, of course Helen heard what has happened.

These damn nosey handmaidens, she thought as she took a piece of her bread as she suddenly lost her appetite.

          "My King," Ares started causing Selene to stop chewing, her heart beating faster as it did. What was he doing?

          "If I may speak, I would like to ask something of favor to you, my kind King." Ares' deep voice rang through the hall as everyone grew quiet, listening to the highest ranked soldier speak to their King Paris.

Paris smiled charmingly, his dimples showing as he nodded his head, "Of course, what is it Ares? You've been loyal to me and to Troy, how could I help you?"

          "I wanted to ask Selene's hand for marriage."

A loud clank of utensils rang through the silent hall as everyone registered what the man has just requested. Meanwhile, a shocked Selene choked a gasp as the dry bread got stuck on her throat while Andromache handed her a goblet filled with water in panic.

She slowly lifted her eyes to see Achilles' hand form in a fist as he stared at the meat in from of him. His jaw clenched as he tried to control his emotions. No, not infront of his child... or his wife.

          "S-selene's hand in marriage?" Paris asked to confirm what he just heard. He shifted on his seat as he regained his composure after the favor that his favorite man just asked of him.

Ares nodded confidently, "Yes, my King." He bowed, kneeling in reverence in front of Paris to show how much he respected the man.

          "A-ares.."

Before Selene could reply to the man, a loud commotion from outside of the hall got their attention. A tall, brown haired man entered while Paris' soldiers tried to catch up with him, "Briseis!" He shouted, catching the attention of the curly haired woman who's eyes instantly widened at the sight.

          "Oh dear gods!" She exclaimed underneath her breath as the color from her lips faded. Selene's brows furrowed as she watched the man fight the grasp of the men restraining him.

          "Briseis, let me see my daughter!" He shouted, causing a gasp to erupt from the people dining with the King. Achilles' head snapped from the meat to the man who's eyes were filled with tears then to his wife who's mouth was open, gaping at what was happening. Little noises filled the room as handmaidens whispered amongst one another.

          "What is the meaning of this?" Paris demanded, his voice growing deep as he stood up. His authority showing as his body straightened. "What is your name?" He asked the man who just entered and claiming to see the Princess.

          "Epimelius."

Ares' eyes instantly darkened as he stared at the man who was being restrained by the soldiers. His body shifting as he moved closer to Selene who looked back at him. He looked different. His aura seemed to change as he stared at the man, neck tilting to the side and jaw clenching as if he knew who this person was.

          "And what is troubling you, young Epimelius?" Paris asked, his gift of words soothing Selene as if he was comforting the woman.

Epimelius' head bowed as he explained his situation," My King, I was robbed of the responsibility of being a father to my daughter, Selena."

The confession caused a roar of more whispers as Briseis looked at her husband who now stood up with his hand on his head, "What is the meaning of this Briseis?" His loud voice roared as he looked at Briseis, trying to piece everything together looking at Epimelius then at Selena.

Selene watched in horror as tears began to fall from Briseis' eye, falling to her knees in front of Achilles. "Please let me explain, my love." She cried, her voice cracking as she carefully lifted her hand to Achilles' arm.

A hand on her shoulder made Selene jump as she looked at the man who was now standing beside her chair. His large composure towering behind her as she looked at him in caution. "Epimelius." His loud voice boomed as he looked at the man carefully, his eyes squinting.

Selene swore that there was a glint smile on Epimelius' lips as he looked at Ares before bowing his head, "I am sorry for the commotion, my King. I just... my daughter... Briseis wouldn't let me go near her."

From the corner of the room dressed in a handmaidens dress smiled a woman wickedly as she watched the commotion unfold before her eyes, "Just like how I wanted it." She muttered before disappearing in a poof of pink clouds.

           This means war.