éxi

AFTER LUNCH, PARIS announced to everyone in his kingdom that I have finally returned. Everyone was so glad about the news. Not everyone knew me as the Princess Warrior but some elders sure did. They were confused but didn't question our King and so, after the peaceful short ceremony, I made my way towards the beach again.

A lot of people stopped with what their doing and gave me a smile to acknowledge my presence making me smile back in appreciation. They're really respectful, just like the Trojans.

A dark haired woman holding a woven mat must have noticed that I was going to sit by the shore because she quickly approached me. "Your highness" She greeted, leaning forward to bow making me smile.

"Please, there is no need to bow" I said in a gentle tone making her look up. She quickly regained her posture and stretched out her hand that held the mat.

"You may sit on this mat, your highness" She said making me nod with a small smile on my face.

"Thank you.."

"Entice, your Highness"

Entice placed the mat at the spot where I wanted it to be without me even saying a word. My heart swelled at the simple gesture that she did. She didn't have to do this but yet she did it for my comfort. I smile in amusement as I looked at Entice. There's still some people who would do good things that they shouldn't do just to make you feel comfortable.

"What do you do for a living, Entice?"

I asked after thinking for a while. I sat down at the mat and used my hand to pat the space beside me to tell her that I want her to sit beside me which she quickly obliged. "I weave and I sometimes help my Father in fishing, your highness"

"Do you, by any chance, want to be my handmaiden, Entice?"

The question must've startled her because when I turned to look at her, her jaw is dropped open. Her lips twitched as she looked at me in shock. "Y-your handmaiden?"

"Do not worry, you will only provide for me but you will still be paid fully"

Her slightly chinky emerald eyes twinkled in happiness as she looked at me in gratitude. "It will be an honor, your highness"

I nodded at her and smiled at her excitement. She quickly stood up, dusted off her long navy blue gown before bowing. "Thank you, Princess Selene. This is such an honor"

After Entice left, a sigh escaped from my lips as I stared at the shore. The waves broke apart as soon as hit the shore and the clear blue water washed away the sand swiftly. "I knew you would be here. You always loved watching the waves"

I didn't bother to look back when I heard Paris' amused voice. I scooted to the side to give him some space so he wouldn't sit on the sand. My gaze stayed on the ocean as I felt him take a seat beside me. "I always wondered what would it feel like being a wave. You know, you start off as a wave then before you even know it, you will be just like everyone else, you will just be a part of the water." I said, frowning as I realized that I spoke again without thinking. I quickly looked at Paris who just chuckled at my random thought.

"But that is not so bad, Selene. Yes, the wave will be just like everyone else but the wave should always remember that it completes the ocean. Waves are special because without them, the ocean would not be complete." Paris fired back and now it was my turn to chuckle at him.

We do share the same weird genes.

"Anyway, have you visited Apollo's temple?" Paris said, glancing at the direction of the temple. He has an Apollo temple?