dekatreís

IT WAS A rather gloomy day. The sun wasn't shining brightly as it supposed to be, the eerie feeling can be felt at each thrones that were present in the meeting. Even if they were above where mortals couldn't see them, the people living below could feel that there was something wrong. No words were spoken when they saw how pissed Zeus looked like or the smug smirk that was on Aphrodite's lips.

     "I assume you know the reason why you're all here today." Zeus' deep voice boomed as he greeted his fellow Olympians with a grim look on his face. A hushed sound of whispers scattered the place as to why they were called in for a meeting.

Athena, in her white flowy chiton stood up to face her father, "What is it, Father?" She asked, her brown curls softly falling on her innocent round eyes as she looked at Zeus with wonder.

     "We shall wait until Ares arrives."

Without another word, Athena walked back to her seat. Her brain still filled with curiosity as she tried to remember the last time she saw Ares. It was odd of him to go down to the people when he had no business to attend to. She knew how much he loathed human beings.

A moment of quietness filled the room but when Ares barged into the door, still dressed in his armor, his eyes searched the throne. "How dare you meddle with my life!" He accused, his face red as he raised a finger to point at Aphrodite who's smile fell.

"I.."

"Ares, have a seat." Zeus commanded, his voice was stern but still calm as he pointed at the seat near Athena. Ares' jaw clenched, his fist closed tightly by his side as he sauntered towards Athena. All eyes were on him as they watched him fall into his seat grumpily.

"We will settle this matter like the gods that we are," Zeus stated, turning his gaze from his son to his daughter who rolled her eyes, "Are we clear?"

"Yes, Father." The two replied, their voice held sarcasm. Ares' gaze was still on his father, refusing to look at the goddess of beauty who was still smirking at him.

"I have noticed how you were getting close to the mortals, son." Zeus' voice held authority but it was clear that he didn't care about what was happening. He was only forced to call a meeting when Hera told him to because Aphrodite was starting to meddle with a mortal's marriage. "Isn't that unfair?" Athena butted in, biting her lip anxiously but Ares just shook his head at her.

You see, among the gods, the Goddess of Wisdom was specifically the one who was very close to the god for they share one specific trait. Their passion when it comes to war and battle strategies. They were the perfect duo when it came to a battle. Humanity would be doomed if the two teamed up to bless a side when it comes to a war. This is the reason why the gods were afraid to anger the two.

"And?" Ares asked lowly, his head held high as he raised a brow to his father, "And what is it to you, Father?"

His voice was laced with anger and sarcasm as he uttered the words "Father". Zeus has never been a Father to him compared to how he treats Athena and Aphrodite. As much as he didn't care, he still couldn't shake off the jealousy that was rooted deep in his heart.

Zeus cleared his throat, realizing that it was too hypocrite for him to ask such a question. How could someone who was always getting "too close" to the mortals ask such question?

"If you don't mind, I have other important business to attend to." Hades' deep voice cut the tension in the air when nobody spoke. Everyone watched as he stood up, his black chiton flowing behind him. Ares grunted, following the suite of his uncle.

"I swear to everything that is sacred, you touch Selene or her loved ones one more time and I'll be the one you'll be facing. If I have to take the whole Olympus down all by myself, then so be it."

     "You're blinded!" Aphrodite shouted, her eyes red as she looked at Ares who stopped on his tracks but still had his back turned, "That human is just using you! When Achilles gets the chance to remember who that pathetic woman is, she'll come crawling to his arms and won't remember a single thing about you, fool!"

In a blink of an eye, everyone was starting to panic. Shouts were thrown everywhere as they tried to separate the two. Ares had his hand wrapped around Aphrodite's throat tightly who was smiling at him wickedly, "What? You're going to kill me now, Ares?"

"Ares! Let her go!"

"I command you to stop this instant!"

     "If it weren't for Hephaestus, I'd kill you where you stand." Ares growled, his grip on her throat tightening making her gasp, not minding the other gods or goddesses that were around.

     "It would be best if you just shut your pretty mouth, dear niece." Hades commented once he noticed that the god was on the edge but Aphrodite still tried to fight back. Ares turned to look at him momentarily but Hades just shook his head sternly at him. With an exasperated sigh, he loosened his grip on her neck.

Aside from Athena, Ares was also very close to the King of the Underworld. He even treated the god like he was his father rather than Zeus.

Throwing Aphrodite to the side, he turned to face the Olympians who now rushed to aid the goddess who was gasping for air while holding her throat. "I warn you, brothers. I won't show mercy."

Aphrodite's laughter filled the air as she helplessly watched Ares walk away from the crowd, "It's too late. You're too late! The golden man is back."

With a curse, Ares flew from the court to the sky to go back down to the mortals. As much as he hated Aphrodite, he knew he couldn't kill her. Besides from creating an imbalance to life, it would wage a war to the gods.

A strong wind flew towards him making him look back. Behind him was Athena who was wearing her brown cloak, flying alongside with her brother, "That was quite a show, wasn't it?" She smiled mysteriously.

Ares' brow furrowed as he looked at her bestfriend, "You know something, don't you?"

Chuckling, Athena used her cloak to knock Ares with a strong wind, "They don't call me Goddess of Wisdom for nothing, you dummy." She shouted making Ares chuckle, a warm feeling spreading inside his chest as he looked at Athena fondly.

     "Thank you, Athena. I appreciate this a lot." Ares confessed wholeheartedly making Athena snort. It wasn't Ares' nature to thank someone. Heck, Athena even wondered if it was his first time to be grateful.

With a fascinated smile on her face, she shook her head at him, indeed that mortal did change him, "Nah, no need for a thank you. Just admit that I'm the better god when it comes to war strategies."

Ares rolled his eyes at the woman who smirked, "You're getting too ahead of yourself..."

     ".....Entice"