efta

FOUR WEEKS FLEW by so quick and ever since I came back, Andromache was very kind enough to always accompany me around the palace while Paris had to tend to his duties.

"Scamandrius really loves fencing" Andromache stated with a huge smile on her face as we walked down the halls of the palace.

"Just like his father" I chuckled and shook my head, remembering the times Hector would yell and barge into my room, holding a wooden sword while I was sleeping peacefully. It was his way of waking me up back then.

The two of us walked in silence with a smile on our faces as we remember my late brother. Telling the people about his bravery was our way of keeping him alive and it did feel as if he was still here with us.

The smile on my face suddenly fell when I caught a glimpse of Achilles with Briseis and their daughter. It has been torturing me, seeing them with a smile on their faces, I realized that it was the family that Achilles wanted and deserved to have.

At night, i'd lay in my bed, thinking if it would be possible that Achilles would remember me one day and would come back to me but it was all stupidness. Seeing them everyday felt as if thousands of knives were stabbing my chest. I couldn't even breathe properly around them. I didn't know how I'd be able to live with that for the rest of my life.

"Are you alright?" Andromache's voice cleared the cloud of thoughts in my mind making me look at her. She was already a few steps away from me. I must've stopped while looking at them.

"Hey.." She said softly when she saw what I was looking at but all I gave her was a small smile.

How could someone even live without being able to be with the person she loves the most?

"I'm fine" I lied through my teeth and wiped my eyes using the back of my hand. I felt Andromache squeeze my arm softly making me chuckle.

"Ad, I'm fine" I said and looked at her eyes to reassure her that I was really okay.

Just like what the saying says, fake it til you make it.

_______________

With a scream, I sat up on my bed while panting heavily. That dream again?

I looked outside my open window and frowned when I saw that the window was open. During my stay here, it has been normal for me to wake up before the sun would even rise. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

When will it stop?

I walked towards the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. I stared at myself in the mirror and all I saw was this pale face staring back at me, her red eyes showed no signs of life.

I sighed and decided to take a bath to calm myself. It was always that same stupid dream and I was getting tired of it.

Once I was done getting ready, I decided to take a walk to clear my throbbing head.

"Hey.." A deep voice called out as I was walking out of my room, making me jump in surprise. I turned around, my eyes widening when I saw Achilles standing right outside my door.

Achilles was standing outside my door.

Achilles. was. just. standing. outside. my. door.