𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲.

REAL LIFE

It's been a week since Lando came home from Baku

It's been a week since Lando came home from Baku. During that week he had his regular business at MTC and she had spent some of her days with George and the rest of her friends and family. It was now Tuesday. Tomorrow Lando would leave for the first triple-header planned in the Formula 1 schedule. Amelia would not be present at all three races, but only at the two in Austria. So since Lando was leaving for France tomorrow, she was going to visit him today to spend the day together.

She started the day with her regular routine. Get up, go for a run, have breakfast and then get ready for the day. Lando was supposed to pick her up at 11 a.m. and since she overslept this morning, she had to hurry. The outfit of the day was skinny jeans with an oversized t-shirt from Lando. She no longer cared what she looked like when he was around her. They both became more and more comfortable around each other and cared less about what the other thought of them.

With her hair up in a messy bun, she opens the door for Lando at 11 o'clock sharp, as usual. He had never been late, something she hadn't expected from him to be honest after all the stories George had told about him. When she opens the door for him she gets a kiss and a hug from him after which she lets him in.

"Nice shirt," he winks at her as they walk into the living room where George and Carmen, George's girlfriend, are also located. Lando greets them while Amelia gets them something to drink. After half an hour of chatting with George and Carmen, Lando takes her to his house. During the drive to his house, they talk about the busy three weeks ahead for him and how glad he is that she can be there for two of the three races. Of course they would have preferred that she could have attended all three, but they were already grateful that the team had been able to arrange for her to come to Austria.

Lando parks his car in the driveway of his house after a twenty-minute drive. Before he opens his front door, he greets one of his neighbors who is walking across the street and then walks in with Amelia. He drops his house and car keys on the table in the hall and then takes Amelia to the kitchen by grabbing her hand.

He drags her along in a hurry and she doesn't understand why, until she sees what's on the kitchen island. A vase with a large bunch of white roses, her favorite flowers, is on it and next to it an envelope with her name in Lando's handwriting with a small heart next to it.

"What's this?" she asks him in surprise as she takes the envelope.

"Open it," he grins a little while taking place on one of the bar stools at the island.

With light red cheeks, she opens the envelope and takes out a plane ticket for France. Her mouth falls open and she looks at her smiling boyfriend in disbelief.

"Is this what I think it is?" she asks him to be sure and he nods.

"Yeah, the team called me yesterday to tell me a spot had become available for the trip. So instead of telling you immediately, I thought I'd surprise you with it,"

The biggest smile appears on Amelia's face. She walks over to him and wraps his arms around him. He presses a kiss on her cheek and holds her tight.

"Thank you," she whispers in his ear.

"You don't have to thank me," he says when he lets go of her. "Thank the team."

"Well, thank you, McLaren," she grins before connecting her lips with his.

—————

INSTAGRAM POST

♡ LIKED BY CARLOSSAINZ55 AND 361

♡ LIKED BY CARLOSSAINZ55 AND 361.730 OTHERS

@landonorris: taking her on the triple-header, France here we go! 🇫🇷

TAGGED: @AMELIARUSSELL

—————

@mclaren: another weekend to fully send it 🧡
@ameliarussell: thanks for the ticket!
@mclaren: no problem, we love it when you're with us 😊
@username: i'm starting to think the team likes Lia more than Lando
@landonorris: got the same feeling @username
@mclaren: we wouldn't dare! @landonorris @username

@username: can't wait to see you!

@lewishamilton: 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

@team_quadrant: nice sweater you got there CEO! where can we buy that?
@landonorris: quadrant.gg 😉

@alex_albon: no private jet for your girl mate?
@landonorris: nah don't want to impress her too much yk
@ameliarussell: hm maybe to Austria? @landonorris
@georgerussell63: oeh can i join?
@alex_albon: it was my idea so i wanna join too!!
@landonorris: i haven't even said yes mates @alex_albon @georgerussell63

@tomholland2013: good luck this weekend mate!

@ameliarussell: i should take more pictures of you, i'm so good at it 🧡🧸
@username: please give us more pics of him!!

@username: yayy see you in Austria!!

—————

@AMELIARUSSELL'S INSTAGRAM STORY