𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

REAL LIFE

Formula 1 had started and that was clearly noticeable in Amelia's energy level

Formula 1 had started and that was clearly noticeable in Amelia's energy level. She yawns at the neck of her orange McLaren winter coat and tucks her hands deeper into her pockets because of the cold here in Spa. It was cold, the wind was blowing hard and it was raining. Lando walked beside her and Jon walked beside him. Both had also put on their winter coats, something no one had expected after the summer holidays. Lando was still wearing his racing suit from the third free practice session. The top fell to his waist and he had put on a sweater and winter coat over his fireproof top. In addition to his winter coat and a thick sweater, he had also taken his beanie to the track again. He had pulled it way over his head and pulled up the hood of his sweater, making him look more like a bum than a Formula 1 driver.

It was Saturday, which meant it was time for qualifying. The three of them walk to Lando's trailer, where they would see Lando's father again. Even though she'd met him before, nerves shot through Amelia's body as soon as Adam Norris came into view. Seeing her in-laws again was always a big deal for her. She couldn't have wished for better in-laws. They went out of their way to make her feel at home in the Norris family. She was always happy to see his parents again and had enjoyed the time she had with his brother Oliver in Croatia. According to Lando, Flo and Cisca saw her as their big sister, which she took as a huge compliment. She loved them as much as they loved her.

"Hello son," he says, hugging his son when they arrive. He greets Jon with a handshake and hugs Amelia as well. "Hi Lia, it's nice to see you again," "Likewise," she smiles at him. "Come on, you have to get back at the garage Lando. Quali is about to start," Jon says as the foursome walk back to the pitlane. Once there, they quickly run into the garage as it started to rain harder. They are overwhelmed by a wave of heat coming from the garage's heating system. Lando immediately focuses on the upcoming qualifying together with his father and engineers. Amelia takes her camera from the desk that separates the garages of both drivers. She'd left it there before taking Lando and Jon for a walk in the paddock. As the garage prepares for qualifying, she snaps a few shots of both Lando and Daniel. Time flies by while everyone is busy, and before Amelia knows it, Lando and Daniel drive out of the garage to do the first lap for Q1.

Q1 and Q2 both went great for Lando. He finished first both times. Amelia had put her camera aside again and stood next to Adam, wearing headphones, watching as Lando got into the car for the last part of quali. Charlotte came and stood next to them and looked at them nervously. They were all nervous. This was Lando's chance to take pole position for the first time. It had started to rain even harder, so unlike the other two times, Full Wets drove out instead of Intermediates. Lando was barely outside when they could hear the first complaints from him about how wet it was on track. Amelia looks at the screen ahead and sees Lando start his first proper lap for Q3. The first corner went well, and with a lot of speed he heads towards Eau Rouge. The camera follows him upstairs. It switches to another camera waiting for Lando at the top of Eau Rouge. But it takes a long time for him to appear. Too long. Another camera switches, and a crashed Lando appears. Amelia's heart stops for a moment and fear shoots through her as she watches the wrecked McLaren race car. "Lando," she whispers to herself and tears well up in her eyes. This was the moment she had always feared. This was the moment she warned him every time before the race.