𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

REAL LIFE

Tired from all day, Lando and Amelia walk down the hotel hallway

Tired from all day, Lando and Amelia walk down the hotel hallway. Their hands held each other loosely as they walked toward room 328. The two hadn't said much to each other since they left the paddock. Amelia's mood had gone down again now that they had calmed down, which was evident from her. Lando wasn't quite sure what to do with it. She told him they would talk about it later. But was that moment now or when they are at home in England. Lando takes the pass for their hotel room from his pocket and holds it in front of the lock. A number of beeps sound and the red light turns green, after which Lando pushes the door handle down and opens the door. The two walk-in.

Amelia almost immediately flops onto her back on the bed while Lando flips the light switches so they can see in their room. Once he sees her, he chuckles and walks over to her. He extends both arms to her and grabs her hands. She looks at him questioningly but takes them anyway. "Give me a hug," he smiles and pulls her up. He wraps his arms around her shoulders and hers find their way around his middle. Lando presses several kisses into her hair and rocks her back and forth a bit.

"What happened after the race?" he whispers. There is silence for a while after his question until he hears a sob escape her mouth. "There's... there..." she sobs at him. Lando slowly feels his shirt getting a bit wet from her tears. He lets go of her and cups his hands over her cheeks. He wipes the streaming tears from her face with his thumbs. "Calm down, love. Take some deep breaths and take your time," he calms her down. She does as he says, biting her lip briefly before answering him. "There's been a fire in my apartment building,"

Lando's eyes widen. "What?" he asks in disbelief. "There's been a fire in one of the apartments underneath mine. But because of all the smoke that came from there, my apartment has now also become uninhabitable." Tears stream down her cheeks. "Oh my god, babe, I'm so sorry. Do they know what caused the fire?" She slowly shakes her head and frees herself from his grasp. "No, they only told me about the fire and that my place is uninhabitable at the moment. They would give me more information when we get home," she says, sitting on the end of the bed. Frustrated, she rubs her face with her hands. "What am I gonna do?" she mutters to herself.

Lando sighs and bites the inside of his cheek. It suited him pretty well, to be honest, since he was about to ask her to move in with him. Of course, he didn't want it to happen this way. He would have preferred to take her out and ask her. But this was the perfect moment. Slowly he takes place next to her and grabs one of her hands with both hands. "I know something you could do," he says, playing with her fingers. She looks at him questioningly and with tearful eyes. "You could..." He takes another deep breath. "You could move in with me if you want to," Amelia's eyes widen. "W-what?" She stammers. "Are you serious?" Lando squeezes her hands for a second and nods.

"I've wanted to ask you this for a while. I love you so much. And I thought we could take a new step in our relationship. It would've been nicer if I asked you this on a date, I know. But-" He is interrupted by Amelia's lips crashing hard on his. He remains stunned by what has happened. After a few seconds, she let go of him. "You need to know when to stop talking," A faint smile appears around her lips. "So, is that a yes?" Amelia nods and her smile widens. He smiles back at her and brings his hand to her cheek. "Good, glad I could make you smile again," he grins. "I love you," she whispers, then Lando gently presses his lips to hers.