𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

REAL LIFE

"Lia? Babe?"

"Lia? Babe?"

Lando's voice rings gently and gently in her ear as she feels his hand on her bare upper arm as he gently shakes her awake. She hums at him as a sign that she is awake and moves a bit to make her lying position more comfortable. Amelia can hear him snicker and not much later, she feels his lips on her cheek. "I'm off to MTC, okay? Enjoy your day," he whispers and kisses her cheek again. "Have fun. I'll see you later," she says in her slightly hoarse morning voice. She turns her head to him and looks at him. He looked like every time he went to MTC. In a sweater and sweatpants and a cap on his head. She smiles at him and kisses him on the lips this time. "I love you," they say at the same time and Lando walks out of his bedroom with a chuckle.

Amelia turns back and sleeps for another hour before getting out of bed. Lando had a long day ahead of MTC while Amelia only had to go there for a meeting sometime in the afternoon. It was the last week before the second half of the season was about to start, so MTC was busy again. Lando and Daniel were regularly there to practice in the simulator and Amelia often had to help out with the PR department along with Charlotte and Sara, the intern she first met a few months ago when she just started dating Lando. She also had plenty of photos to edit of Hungary, even if she didn't feel like looking back at those images. It wasn't the happiest weekend of her life or Lando's.

When she gets out of Lando's bed, she walks to the bathroom to get herself ready for the day. Once downstairs, she sees Max sitting in the kitchen, who still lived with Lando. This would remain so for the time being. The two boys were busy planning a new studio to share, and the only spare room in this house was now officially Max's bedroom. Amelia didn't really care that Lando let Max live in his house. After all, he had a rough time and could use his friend's help. As long as he also gave Amelia and Lando the space to do things together. Luckily he wasn't that hard at it. Amelia eats her breakfast with Max and then gets ready to leave. Standing outside Lando's house, she gets into the car she borrowed from McLaren and then heads for MTC.

Fortunately, it was a short meeting. An hour and a half later, she's already walking out of the conference room toward the simulator, hoping she could catch a glimpse of Lando before she leaves. When she enters the correct hall, she sees her boyfriend just walking out of the sim room along with Will and Jose. "Timing!" she says with a smile and walks his way. He turns his head towards her and automatically a smile comes to his face, and his eyes light up when he sees her. As soon as she stands in front of him, she kisses him and hugs him briefly. "Hello gorgeous," he says and wants to give her another kiss but is interrupted by vomit sounds from Will and Jose, who then walk away laughing. The couple watches the two engineers walk away and wait until they are around the corner before their lips reconnect. "I missed you," Lando whispers to her lips and runs his hands over her back. She pulls back from the kiss and looks into his blue eyes. "I missed you more," she mumbles back and releases him after a while. "Are you already done for today?" Lando asks her as they walk towards his room. She nods and intertwines her fingers with his. "Yeah, I just wanted to say goodbye before I'm headed to my place," she tells him and they stop outside his office. "Oh, I thought you would stay at mine tonight," With his fingers, he tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and cups her cheek in his hand. A slightly disappointed look appears on his face and he looks at her with puppy eyes, begging to let her come to him tonight. "I wish I could tonight, Lan. But Amber is coming over this afternoon to help me dye my hair, remember?" She, too, cups his cheek in her right hand and presses a tender kiss to his lips. "You know what? Why don't you come over to my place tonight after you're done here?" Lando nods as a sign that he's okay with it and hugs her before saying goodbye and she walks out.