The Story of Me Being the 'it' Girl.

The Story of Me Being the 'It' Girl.
Okay, so you know that classic moment when everything is going fine and then all of a sudden everything is going down hill? You know! Like that one cartoon scene where the characters are walking down a snowy mountain and someone steps on a stick, then it causes an avalanche. Yeah, well that's the metaphor for my life apparently. Just when things are beginning to seem alright the whole entire mountain falls on top of me. Although, I feel like having a mountain of snow fall on top of you hurts a wee bit more than public humiliation in front of your peers.

Did you know that the muggle worlds number two biggest fear is public speaking? I mean, that really does say something about our society. The fact that the thought of public speaking scares people enough to have it be the number two fear is messed up. The fear of our peers is purely connected to the judgement they pass. No one wants to be judged poorly, of course not. And to wrap this whole speech up, no one, and by that I mean me wants to walk into Herbology looking like she just rolled out of bed, with James Potter attached to your side.

Well some girls may.

But not me.

After realizing how utterly late we all were to Herbology I sat back down, crossed my arms and jutted out my bottom lip. I basically look like a little girl who was just told she couldn't get an ice-cream cone. The sun is once again reflecting back at itself, but not in the same magical way as it was yesterday. Now it was just there, taunting me.

James pulls at my arm once more, "Andy." He groans trying to drag me along the grass, "We are already late. Elliott and Freddie even left us."

"Stop." I whine trying to break from his grasp on my wrist, it really didn't do much good. He was a Chaser and they have great grip. You know from holding balls.

Ha. I crack myself up.

I lay flat on the ground, legs spread out, arms in a 'V' formation while Potters hand casually holds up the hand he was dragging me by. I can't help but notice how great his cuticles look, he makes me look like a greasy auto mechanic whose nails are all decrepit and what not. The sky is very blue today, there's a cloud that's shaped like an elephant that's casually moving along in the sky. How nice would it be to be an elephant cloud. I bet there isn't a care in the world if you are a cloud, just one simple thing. Float.

"Leave me to wallow in self pity James." I say dramatically, throwing one hand up to cover my forehead, while looking off into the distance.

Wow, I should be an actress with all this drama that's going on.

James puts a sassy hand on his hip, " I don't even understand why you won't come to class."

I look him dead in the eye, "Because I'd walk in with you and have to explain that I accidently fell asleep in your arms while watching the sun set!" I threw my head back, hitting the grass rather forcefully, "DO YOU KNOW HOW HUMILIATING THAT IS?"

"Sweetheart, it's not humiliating. Half the girls will be wishing to be you." James remarks casually, crossing his arms and smiling smugly at me.

I let out a cry of anguish and turn back to the sky. The elephant has now met in the center with a little bunny rabbit looking cloud. I wonder what bunny/elephant babies would look like? How morbid would that be. . James tisks behind me and I can feel the worry wafting off of him. He wants to stay in second place as much as I want to be in 2nd place.

"Please Andy." He begs, pouting and looking at me with the big o'l brown ones I hear he inherited from his Mom.

"No. People will think we shagged." I say matter of factly.