It Was For The Best Part 1 (Lia)

London, UK. The HQ of XSD Inc. a company that build house and appartement with all the modern comfort taking a big step in the use of IA to create the home of the future.

My name is Y/N Y/LN. I'm the boss here, well to be specific, I am in charge of the service that create all the updates for the systems installed in our products. I'm proud of being at this place, because I get to do what I like. As I'm in charge of the service, I don't have the pressure of coding all the material we create, but luckily I still get to work on finding the solution to make all those applications and software to work correctly. Because of that and all the people that needs my approuval and my expertise, the company gavea secretary, to register my missed calls and accompany me in my travel since I am the face of the company in computing events all around the world.

Her name is Julia Choi, but prefer to be called Lia. She's korean, but she as lived a part of her life in Canada, so she's fluent in english. I called her to my office early in the morning and she knows I don't do that often. She's a little tensed.

Come in Lia.

What do you need, Mr Y/LN?

Well first of all it's not to scold you so breath Miss Choi, I said trying to make her chill, You're doing a job good that far.

Thank you, I'm sorry for the tension.

You don't have to be sorry. Actually... I have to. Could you close the door, please.

She closed it.

Take a seat.

She took the chair in front of my desk.

From how long do you work for me Lia?

It's been 7 mouth now, Mr Y/LN.

Damn it's harder then I thougt...

What's wrong Mr Y/LN?

Ok let's not lose more time... Lia I'm starting to devellope feelings for you.

Is that some kind of joke Mr Y/LN?

I'll rather prefer that, but no.

Your fiancé is aware of that?

She doesn't know and never will since we never did anything you and me.

So what's the point of this conversation, Mr Y/LN?

I made a switch between you and Lucy, the secretary of Mr Smith.

You're sending me to the commercial department?

Yes, so counting from next Monday you will work there.

She suddenly became a bit sad.

It's for the best, Lia, I said bending forward on my desk to get closer to her, Look on the bright side, Mr Smith is a nice guy like me and you will still be able to travel for work.

I know, it's just...

What Lia?

Nothing, she said standing up, If you need me I'll be at my office.

You should arrange a moment for you and Lucy to brief each other for Monday.

Yes, we will do that.