All I Ask Of You~ (10)

Clara Dolby's Point Of View Still-

“Are you really taking what Hotch said into consideration?” Spencer asked, trying to hide the worry in his voice.

    “It isn’t every day the head of an FBI agency offers you a job after schooling.” I insisted, not taking my eyes off the mirror in Spencer’s bathroom. My hair still wet from the very needed shower, and I didn’t think this would be the conversation he would be getting into after everything that had happened earlier. I stepped out of bathroom and looked at Spencer skeptically.

    “I’m just saying that it’s a year of vigorous training, and book work. Also, to work with the BAU you need to learn human behavior and become a profiler. It’s a lot of work.” Spencer explained like Hotch hadn’t already told me.

    “Hotch told me as long as I take the standard training, and pass gun qualifications that the best way to learn is to watch.” I smiled at the disappointed written clearly on Spencer’s face. “Are you explaining to me how hard it is to prepare me to expect the hardest… or to discourage me?” I asked as Spencer settled more into his bed. He had already showered and gotten into bed. I didn’t know what he was wearing under his large heavy comforter but I could tell it didn’t consist of a shirt.

    “A little of both. I know how hard it is… if you start training now you will finish a week after your twentieth birthday. That’s a year younger when I started working for the BAU, and I got a lot of crap for it.” Spencer put plainly and I made a face at him.

    “Are you saying that I’m too young and stupid?”

    “No! I’m saying a lot of people will have something bad to say-”

    “I wont worry about that until the day comes.” I insisted. “Besides their going to say something along the lines of you getting me a job at the BAU, which isn’t exactly a lie.”

    “Clara… at the age of twenty your mind might not be able to handle it. The cases we take are some of the worst any district has ever seen.” Spencer looked me in the eyes, and I frowned a little.

    “I feel like this is something I have to do-”

    “Why? Because Hotch offered you the job? You don’t HAVE to do this Clara-”

    “No, I want to do this because it’s something my parents would be proud of. I know it’s hard, and I know some of the things will be hard to handle.” I stepped closer to his bed as I continued talking. “But… I really think I can do this, and that I’ll regret it if I don’t at least try.” I smiled half heartedly, knowing Spencer didn’t like to hear this.    

    “Fine, then I should at least tell you out flat that I don’t want you doing this but I will respect your decision.” My half hearted smile grew more meaningful.

    “Does that mean I can sleep with you tonight?” I asked sheepishly, knowing Spencer guessed I would be asking this. Wordlessly Spencer lifted up the blankets inviting me in and it didn’t take long for me to snuggle up to his warm body. “Thank you.” I breathed, resting my head on his bare chest. I felt him run his fingers through my damp hair, and pull me closer.

    “I just don’t want to see you get hurt. I want to protect you from everything, and I don’t know if I can if you follow my line of work.” Spencer explained, wrapping his arms around me, trapping me in his arms and his scent of old spice. “I don’t want you to suffer from nightmares… and the thoughts I do.” I picked my head up to look at him. The moon shone through his wide windows, making his skin glow.