All I Ask Of You~ (11)

I rubbed my silky dress as I smiled up at Rob. I was worried when I drove here that I wasn’t going to blend in, but as I sat at a long mahogany table with Rob, his father and a bunch of his friends, family and colleges matching their elegance perfectly. While sitting down I tried to ignore Robs hand place lightly on my silk covered knee, but it was hard. It was hard to explain how I felt toward the clear advances Rob acted towards me. Easy, yet awkward to ignore all the compliments and the touching, I understood why Spencer didn’t want me hanging out with him. To anyone who didn’t understand our relationship would think we were dating, when we weren’t.

    After I passed my math classes with flying colors and started my profiling and fitness training, we continued to be friends because outside of the BAU I didn’t have any. That and watching Spencer get jealous because I was spending time with Rob and not him was adorable. He always seemed happier when I got home from hanging out with him, after sulking while I was away.

    Because I had been thinking about Spencer I had a slight smile placed on my face without even realizing it. It finally came to my attention when Rob grabbed my chin softly and turned me to face him, squeezing my knee reminding me it was there, as if I could have forgotten. “What are you smiling about?” I could tell by the look in his eyes, and the fact he started rubbing the fabric on my knee, that the idea that I was smiling because Spencer would put on the authority parent voice when I got home, but would fail miserably at it.

    “Oh, nothing.” I dismissed too quickly, letting Robs imagination run wild. “This place is so pretty,” I complimented hoping to change the subject it Robs head.

    “Thank you dear.” Robs Father, reached across the wide table and I produced my hand for him to shake. Instead of releasing it like I presumed he would have, he lightly gave the top of my hand causing me to smile again.

    The opening show was The Lion King, and I thought it was amazing, the only downside to this was the fact this entire show Rob spent feeling up my leg and that the meals weren’t nearly big enough. I spent most of the show thinking of ways to convince Spencer to go to McDonalds with me.

    After the show Rob walked me to my car, it was lightly misting and he continued asking if I needed a ride home, and every time I declined.

    “Thank you for inviting me to this Rob, I had such a good time.” I smiled at him, and before he said anything else he was leaning his head down as if to kiss me. Immediately I dropped my keys, and swooped down to retrieve them, in the process of stepping back. When I picked my head back up I flipped my hair. “Thank you again, but Spencer is probably expecting me home soon,” …that and I was starving… “I’ll talk to you later?” I couldn’t help but notice the disappointment on his face. I wish I never got into profiling, before I graduated I would have never noticed how his slight movements meant he thought more for me than I thought for him.

    On the ride home, the radio announcer came on as the loud thumping of the beats faded saying the time. I hadn’t realized it was so late. Not that Spencer would be waiting up, he might be but now that I’m twenty he can’t rightfully tell me when to be home. It was nearing 11 when I pulled into the driveway and was greeted to a dark house. I figured he was already fast asleep because of the closing of the last case. It was hard to see him put himself out on to the field, but before I didn’t have all my qualifications I was stuck helping Garcia whenever I could… which was usually never. Mostly I just felt like I was in the way.

    Inside, my first destination was the kitchen. The garden salad that I had at Applebee’s was not holding me over. It was weird to think, as I heated Ramen in the microwave, that I had been living in this house for over four years now. I shook the thought from my head, because I knew it would lead to the unavoidable fact that four years about my parents passed away, resulting in me being here.

    The last time I fully broke down over the death of my parents was over a year ago, and whenever someone told me how much I progressed I actually believed them.

    After I stuffed my face of Ramen, which I force Spencer to buy even though he thinks it’s the worst thing ever for you.

    Upstairs I changed out of my dress, amazed I never got food on it. Ready for bed in girl shorts and a tank top, I heard a noise coming from out of my room. Slowly I exited my room, and followed the groaning and gasps down the hallway to Spencer’s room. I was scared to open the door, not knowing what to expect but when I did my heart plummeted. Spencer was sprawled out on his bed, his heavy comforter cast on the floor with his white sheet barely covering his body. He was wearing a white shirt, that he had sweat through and boxers. With a fast jerk he rolled over to face away from me, and it was obvious he was having a horrible nightmare.

    “Spencer?” I whispered, not used to see him, the guy I built up on a pedestal in a time of weakness. I thought he was scared of nothing, he was my savior but here he was squirming in his bed due to a nightmare and it was my turn to save him. Quickly I went to his bed. “Spencer, wake up. Please wake up.” I continued whispering, grabbing his shoulder to roll him over. “Spencer-” I tried again, a little louder when his hand moved so fast to grasp mine, holding it a little too tight as he stared into my eyes hard like he didn’t recognize me. “Spencer?” I asked weakly, and he blinked.

    “Clara… Clara.” Spencer said, suddenly he pulled me swiftly into his bed and incased me in his sweaty arms. I couldn’t complain. “Stay with me tonight, you keep the nightmares away.” He pleaded, and all I could manage to do was nod. “Thank you.” And just like that he was asleep again, his arms still around me.

i know its short but the next part is WICKED eventful.