44 | veggies, i don't know her

Jimin

Nox and I stayed in the hospital overnight. I stayed with her in the waiting area right outside of Yoongi's operating room just in case the doctors would call us in and I also went to check up on Evelyn back in the ER; Dr. Hawthorne said that she could sleep after three to six hours, so we stayed up together playing Scrabble and other games against each other on our phones to kill time. But then Evelyn suddenly started to feel dizzy and thirsty so I gave her a bottle of water. When she took a sip, she said that she had the urge to throw up, so I quickly took her to the restroom where she threw up and I pulled her hair away from her face. Dr. Hawthorne suggested that it would be better if she avoided screens for a while and after giving her some Advil for the pain.

Evelyn tried her best to stay awake despite the exhaustion that served as a rather taunting temptation, so I just kept talking to her about random things and she listened. She talked to me about her mother and how she created credit cards under her name only to end up in a pool of debt before starting college. She couldn't even sue her for identity theft so she had no choice but to remain under the false security her uncle provided, by paying her therapy bills. It is strange however, how I think that this is the first time she ever opened up to me about her past.

Later in the night, I went back to Nox only to find her sound asleep on the hospital chairs in the waiting area. She's sleeping on her side, her head tilted slightly upwards, facing the dark hallway. Her yellow flannel shirt is stacked under her head in hopes of creating a pillow while her hair dangles over the chair in waves. I take off my green varsity jacket and cover her with it, because her body is curled up in a ball from the cold before taking a seat on the floor. She shifts a little in her sleep, rosy lids always remaining shut and scarce lashes grazing the upper levels of her cheeks looking softer than ever.

I feel like a creep for watching sleep while she's completely unaware of my presence, so I just try my best to sit comfortably on the floor and take a quick nap when the doors of the operating room suddenly glide open and the OR nurse paces outside. I quickly rise from the ground and run a hand through my hair tiredly.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask the nurse worriedly.

"Yes, he's asleep right now, but it would be best to see him tomorrow morning when he regains consciousness." She tells me. "You can ask Dr. Cirraine for more details about his condition when he arrives. Also, we moved Mr. Min to the ward, room C144 and there's another hospital bed inside in case you and your girlfriend need a more comfortable place to rest. It certainly beats sleeping on the floor."

Right before I respond to her, she's already long gone, so I turn to Nox and gently shake her. She murmurs something I can't quite hear before opening her reddened eyes. "What? What happened?" She mutters. "Did he wake up? Did I oversleep?" Nox gets up almost immediately and looks straight into my eyes.

"No, he's actually still asleep." I tell her. "The nurse just told me that they moved Yoongi to the recovery room, so if you want to sleep you can go in there instead of trying to get comfortable on the chairs."

"Let's go see Yoongs." She says to me and to my surprise she grabs my hand and together we head towards the recovery room. It takes us a while to navigate in the dark, but we find the right corridor eventually then make our way to C144. Once we reach his room, a nurse exits the room and we tell her that Nox is his emergency contact, so she lets us in and gives us a moment.

Yoongi is laying on a hospital bed with an IV attached to his vein and an oxygen mask attached to his face. His pale complexion is covered in purple and blue hues, while scratches and bandaged scrapes are scattered all over his arms and probably under his hospital gown. Dark hair that once was wavy and lively is now unruly and flat against his scalp while black spikes cover his dark rimmed eyes. His left arm is broken so he's wearing a black cast. Nox's breath hitches in her throat when she sees him in this extremely fragile, vulnerable state. She takes his free hand into hers and puts it against her forehead as she kneels down next to him, covering the tears that are falling from her eyes.