67 | ghost fear

Nox

"Tell me Seven if I ever killed someone would you help me hide the body?" Yoongi asks, looking towards Jimin with a naughty grin as he digs into his chicken parmesan, and I can't help but laugh at the sight of Yoongi in his Thrasher hoodie and sweats in this extravagant restaurant. The Gazebo is considered a restaurant for middle class people, but the decoration portrays otherwise with its long carpets, and squeaky-clean tables. Shiny glasses you're afraid to touch because you don't want to taint the smooth surface with your fingerprints. The candle lit atmosphere is relaxing and Jimin and I are sitting across Yoongi on the balcony enjoying our meals when Yoongi of course must do something to shake things up.

Jimin glares at Yoongi like he's poked his eye out with his fork and takes a sip from his wine. "Let me think," he says sardonically before placing the wine glass firmly on the table. "No." I laugh quietly, as I listen to the guys' conversation, and I can feel Jimin's hand reach for my leg under the table and he caresses my knee affectionately.

"Oh, come on Seven, we're practically family. We even agreed on selling Beth's engagement ring to move to a remote island." Yoongi whines. "Even Nox said she'd help me." Jimin throws a shocked look my way and I shake my head.

"I was probably wasted when I agreed."

"If I'm being honest, I think Yoongi is perfectly capable of getting rid of a dead body himself since he only reads crime novels and psychological thrillers. But then again, he has spent years mastering the art of preserving his own body." Jimin says with snark, and I giggle at how creative he is when he mocks his friend.

"At least my body will look freshly dead like always and yours will end up six feet under with warms coming out of your eyes." Yoongi throws.

"Jesus, Yoongs do you even have a reason to kill someone?" Jimin asks.

"Do you need a reason to kill someone?" Yoongi runs a finger over the knife's blade under his napkin. He's obviously fucking with Jimin because it's easy to get under his skin and frankly I find it amusing. I'd like to see where this conversation goes.

"There's a reason for every action."

Suddenly, the memory of Jimin lashing out on Sam comes to mind. "What if you can't control your impulses?" I intervene.

"What if I'm a psychopath and it's in my nature?" Yoongi taunts.

"It's still a reason." Jimin states. "Besides, I doubt you'll survive in jail."

"Please, I doubt anyone will survive me in jail." Yoongi huffs.

Jimin extends his hand and scratches the back of his neck when he says, "Whatever, taking another life is ethically wrong and there's this thing I have called a conscience. Also, I know I wouldn't be able to survive in jail, so I'll pass buddy. You're hiding that body by yourself."

I beg to differ.

Yoongi chuckles. "I know that this is all purely hypothetical and I'm fucking with you Seven, but there's something I think about pretty often." He downs the rest of his remaining wine and puts it down next to his empty plate. "We all live our lives based on what we perceive as true or false and that's how you define reality. The concept of right and wrong as clear as it seems to you right now, it's because you have all those values and ethics engraved in you from a tender age when your parents taught you how to differentiate the two through actions. What we consider right and wrong varies per person and our reality is shaped based on those values, so I guess it's safe to say that everyone lives in their own little reality, because what separates us all is subjectivity."