63 | i like you

Jimin

When Nox told me she'd take me somewhere where nobody could hear me scream, I didn't think she actually meant it. We're currently sitting on her car's hood, quietly sipping from our 7up cans with a shared pack of Sour Patch Kids while enjoying the breathtaking view ahead of us on the Halcyon Viewpoint. This place is located near the outskirts of Portland and it's pretty much isolated from the human civilization which is something I deeply appreciate.

There are benches further ahead along with a built-in telescope on the ground, but we're just sitting there basking in the afternoon sun after having devoured our egg and bacon sandwiches from The Lucky Lamb and she was right; it was so worth the trip.

The horizon is painted in shades of blue, having only the clouds and the sun to break the coldness of the sky with it's warm encompassing rays that feel like a comforting touch on my skin. You can see the entire Portland from up here and I would be able to appreciate the view if only my eyes weren't so goddamn blurry. Lately I have trouble focusing on objects that are far away and it's strange because I've never had any problems with my eyes before.

Since my eyes have trouble focusing on the distance, I focus instead on the beautiful girl beside me. Nox is wrapped in her brown coat, sitting cross legged with her back leaning against the windshield with her arms propping her head up. She's looking up at the clouds fascinated, she pays attention at the fun shapes they've taken as they're floating up on an endless sky that I can even see their reflection in her jade eyes. I've never seen Nox space out like this before, enthralled by something so trivial and for some unknown reason I find it entertaining. I don't want to disturb her because she looks like she's lost in her trail of thought, yet I find myself getting curious about whatever has gotten her so spacey.

I like watching her anyway.

Which is why I lay down with her right there on the hood of her car and watch her as she grabs one sugary piece of candy out of the pack and puts it in her mouth before turning to me. Her long blonde hair is splayed in waves all over the glassy surface beneath us and the sunrays lick up every ounce of blonde they find until they paint it red like fire. The way her hair changes color under the sun is magic and the way she looks at me with those green eyes of hers is magic.

I am now the center of her attention.

She opens her pink lips to say something but stops soon after and I raise a brow.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, breaking the peaceful silence.

"It's not important." She evades.

"I beg to differ." I counter and she sighs.

Nox gets up a little and turns to me with her hands settled on her lap. "I just want to know," she trails, "what last night meant to you."

My eyes widen at her question even though I've been anticipating us having this conversation soon. I lift my body off the windshield and straighten my back as I try to find a way to answer her.

"I don't regret it, if that's what you're wondering." I say simply.

"No, I figured you probably wouldn't." She mutters, playing with the hem of her coat. "It's just, I know that we were both caught up in the heat of the moment and I know that we've both gotten out of messy relationships, so I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page."

"And what page are we on?" I question and she takes one deep breath.

"I like you Jimin." She says in a whisper.

I didn't know words could sound that beautiful coming out of a person's mouth.

"Like, I really like you." She continues shyly, but then she looks away and pats her thigh as she continues, "It probably doesn't make any fucking sense, because we've never even been on a date, but you've been there for me in ways no one else ever has and even though I when I was dating Taehyung, I'd always find my way back to you." She fiddles with her words, but I find myself smiling at her trying so hard.