Chapter Five

"I don't suppose you will accept you all dreamt it?"

I was currently sat at the Cullen's house. They demanded an answer about what they saw at lunch today. If only I didn't use my powers, we wouldn't be in this mess.

"My, come on." Jasper said. And that was it, I couldn't lie to him.

"I can move things with my mind okay? Happy?"

"I didn't know we had a visitor?"

I turned my eyes to look at the door. A young man in a doctors uniform was stood with a gorgeous woman, who looked just as young as him. They must be Carlisle and Esme.

"Carlisle, this is Maya. She showed some unnatural powers today at school, we wanted to talk to her about it." Edward said in a calm voice. How can he be so calm at a time like this??

I sighed again. Emmett then sat down next to me and put his arm around my waist.

"You can tell us, M" He said.

"When I was around 8 years old, I got into a car accident. I just remember being upside down and wanting so bad for the door to move so I could get out. The next thing I know, the door flew off the car and I was crawling out. After that, I started moving things without thinking. Glasses, shoes, anything. I told my mother about it and she assumed I was crazy. She took me to see many psychiatrists and locked me up in a few Psych Wards"

Carlisle glanced at me sadly. Guess he knew how bad they could be, being a doctor and all.

"I've kept it hidden since then. I told myself I would never show anyone my freaky powers. Guess that went really well!"

It was silent for a while...

"Don't call yourself that." Emmett tensed beside me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Don't call yourself freaky! You're not, you're amazing!" He exclaimed.

"You barely know me, Em." I stated.

"I think we need to be honest with you, Maya."

- Time Skip -

Vampires

Vampires are real...

As I stood there smoking my cigarette, I couldn't say I was too surprised. They had beautiful looks, fast reflexes and were overall enticing.

Carlisle said he would do some research into my powers, he suspected I wasn't fully human.

Fucking hell. Talk about a crazy first day at school.

"You should watch your language"

"You should not sneak up on people, Eddie" I smirked.

He told me all about his family's powers. How he could read minds, how Alice could see the future and how Jasper could manipulate emotions.

Let's just say I felt a lot more normal around this family.

"You know cigarettes are bad for you, Maya" He smirked, but I could tell he didn't really care.

"So is hanging out with vampires..." I laughed.

"You seem to be taking this all okay?"

"I'm not exactly new to the world of supernatural, am I? I mean, I'm not a vampire but I'm not exactly normal either am I?" I argued.

"I wish you would think more highly of yourself."

God damn you, mind reader. I smiled.

"So polite, aren't you?" He laughed. I loved that sound.

"Come on, I'll drive you home."

"Hold up," I said, putting out my cigarette, "let me go say goodbye."

I hugged Carlisle and Esme, promising to come over tomorrow to talk a little more. I hugged each of the Cullen 'kids' and got a kiss on the cheek from them all. god damn it, I'm blushing again.

Edward drove me home, the whole time we talked about anything and everything.

He was right.

I was taking this very well. And honestly, I didn't know why. There was something about them all that made me trust them. Something that made me want to be around them 24/7. Something that drew me in.

I got out of the car, gave Edward a hug and a thank you, and walked inside. As I did so, I levitated the water bottle he had in his car to hit him on the forehead. I heard him laughing as I walked through the door.

"Was that Edward Cullen?"

Here we go...