Chapter Seven

As we pulled into the school parking lot, I felt nervous.

How would everyone at school react to me turning up with the Cullens?

What if they told Bella? Who told Charlie, who then told Renee, who demanded I come home?

What if...

"Are you alright, Darlin?" 

"Fucking hell!" I screamed

Jasper was stood at the open window of the Jeep with a concerned look on his face

"Your emotions spun out of control," he whispered, a hand coming to my cheek, "are you okay?"

Rosalie and Emmett were now staring at me with similar expressions.

"I'm nervous about how Bella will react," I muttered. It sounded so stupid now I was saying it out loud. I've never been so terrified of my sister in my life. 

All of a sudden I felt calm. Damn you, Jasper.

"Asshole"

"You're welcome," he smirked at me, "Now are you coming or what?"

I hopped out of the car with a hand from Jasper and walked over to where the rest of the Cullen 'kids' were stood. As I got there, Edward threw his arm around my shoulder, making me blush.

"You're cute when you're blushing," Edward whispered in my ear.

"Shut up," I mumbled, but silently thanked him through my thoughts. He gave me a squeeze as recognition.

"Sit with us at lunch, shortie?" Emmett asked. Damn him.

"Only if you stop calling me that," I countered with a smirk.

The Cullens laughed at Emmett's frown, and in a burst of confidence, I leaned over to kiss his cheek.

He paused for a second

OH SHIT. Should I not have done that?

All of a sudden he ran forward and picked me up, swinging me over his shoulder in one swift motion.

"EMMETT! FUCKING PUT ME DOWN!" I laughed, attracting the attention of everyone in the parking lot, who - according to their faces - were shocked to see me over the shoulder of one of the most reclusive kids at school.

He did as he was told and put me down.

"You know," I started, breathless from being upside-down, "for someone so big you really aren't that scary. You're like a massive teddy bear."

"Here's an idea," he said with a smirk, "I can call you shortie if you can call me teddy bear?"

I thought for a while.

"Deal!" I shouted, grabbing Edward's outstretched hand.

"Come on!" Alice shouted, "We have Chemistry first with me, you and Edward."

We all groaned and headed into school, none of us noticing Bella's glare at the back of my head.