hatred.

*one year later*
today i was at the hughes house hold like every other day. ellen and jim have become like second parents to me. they told me they love me as a daughter. i was currently sitting on the couch scrolling through tiktok. when all of a sudden i hear. GERONIMO i look up to see a flying quinn with a smirk on his face jumpin towards me he lands on top of me crushing me into the couch. "ouch quinn that hurt" i say with my thick southern accent. "sorry i was bored" he says with his elbows in either side of me propping his head up smiling. "your crushing me" i say. "are you calling me fat" he says pretending to act hurt. "yes. yes i am now get off" i say trying to push him off but he's to heavy. "no" he says laying in me with his head on my chest now scrolling through insta. i give up and just go back on my phone. i hear the garage door open and see jack walk in. "hey jack" i say. he stops looks at me then looks at quinn and tears start to form in his eyes and he runs up stairs. shit i hear quinn say under his breath. quinn is like a brother to me we are super super close. same with luke. but jack is my crush he's always super nice and caring to me. quinn gets up and i dart after jack up the stairs. i hear things getting thrown around in his room and i knock on the door and i hear go away but i still ope it to see a tear strained jack with blood on his hands i gasp at the sight and run to hug him but i get pushed away. and tears start to form in my eyes because he's never pushed me away before. "jack whats wrong i say" with concern. "nothing don't you have someone else to go hang out with like quinn?" he says in a snarky voice. quinn is the only other person i've told about what happens between me and my mom that's why we're so close. "what no" i say confused. "jack what's wrong please tell me your scaring me" i say with tears. "nothing" he yells. i flinch. cause being yelled at reminds me of my mom. "no you will tell me what's wrong jack" i say. looking him dead in the eyes. he just side glances at me. "i'm jealous okay! i'm jealous that you and quinn are so fucking close you guys have the best friendship ever. and it makes me jealous! i like you jules so fucking much like more then a friend. and you know i got those vibes from you to but when i saw you and quinn on the couch hurt me. so yeah that's what's wrong." he says screaming at me. "jack calm down i like you to and i have ever since i first saw you. you made my stomach turn upside down and butterflies drip everywhere. i fell in love right then and there." i say with tears. the look of guilt flashes across his face. he engulfs me in a hug. "jules will you be my girlfriend" he asks "yes" was all i managed to get out i hear a cough from the door and i look over to see luke and quinn smirking and luke holding his hand out to quinn. "50 dollars quinn pay up" he says with a smile. quinn roles his eyes and slams the bill in his brothers hand. "did you guys bet on us" jack asks. "maybe" luke says running quinn hot on his tail. we dart after them. and chase them outside. i see ellen and my mom talking. my mom comes stomping towards me and grabs me harshly by the arm. my dads on a business trip in oregon right now. so this can't be good. i'm pretty sure i'm going to be yelled at for god knows what. but i really wish we were inside instead of out. "i heard what you said to ellen about her being your second mom well guess what you little shit i'm your only mom!" she yells and i flinch i see the boys stop right in their tracks to turn around to see what's happening. i yank my arm away and try to run "what is the matter with you!" she yells "get off of me" i yell back hitting her hand "you need professional help" "i just want her to be my mom, a mom who actually loves me, a mom who is nothing like you" i say with a scowl. i see alyssa running towards us and she stands behind me. " do you think i wanted a daughter like you" my mom says and i start letting the tears fall. "I NEVER WANTED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE" my mom yells and next thing you know i feel her hand meet my face and i fall to the ground. "MOM"i hear alyssa yell. ellen has tears in her eyes. everyone does the boys where helping me to my feet while alyssa was holding my mom from lunging at me. i see my dad standing on the porch with tears streaming down his face. "baby she started it" my mom says as she tried to act innocent. "no. no she didn't. you did. you are not going to hurt my little girl anymore. your are packing your things and leaving. NOW" my dad says while standing in front of me protecting me as she tries hitting me again. "i thought you were in oregon" i ask suprised " i finished so i got to go home early". he engulfed me in a hug and i just break down and we fall to the ground. i see the boys walk to their mom and hug her and she stands there looking heartbroken. finding out that her best friend was hurting the daughter she never had.