Home

Jules pov
I can hear him. I can feel his touch. But I can't wake up I can't talk to him. Everything hurts. Everything. I feel trapped. He comes to talk to me everyday. I just need to be stronger.

Jacks pov
I've been sitting here for hours. I haven't shaved in days. Because I'm slowly losing hope. The doctors said it's not likely she will ever wake up. She might be like this for the rest of her life. And I can't bear the news. I cant. I haven't been good at hockey. And it's literally my job.

*jules toes twitch*

Wait... was that what i thought that was...?

*her fingers start moving*

Omg she's waking up!!! SHES WAKING UP
"NURSE SHES WAKING UP!!!!SHES FINALLY WAKING UP" i yelled down the hall way in pure joy. i call my brothers to tell them the news. i'm a crying mess i've sat here everyday for the past year waiting for this moment. i can't control the tears.

*the nurses start rushing in and doing what they need to do to make sure she can wake up carefully*

jules pov
i can feel my body moving. my eyes still struggle to open. but i'm trying, i can only mumble sounds not words. i feel tons of hands on me moving wires and tables and moving me. suddenly i can open my eyes. everything is so bright. it takes me a while to recognize everyone in the room. and remember where i'm at. i don't even know why im here or what happened. or how long ive been here. seems like i just took a nap to me.

jacks pov
she's awake. her eyes are open. but she can't talk.. god i hope she remembers me please let her remember me...
quinn and luke soon arrive with flowers and teddy bears her favorite. she can only be fed by tube right now she need to remember muscle movements. and basic words and walking. she's been in a coma for almost 2 years. "how long has she been awake for?" quinn whispers "only a couple minutes the nurses just left" i said. i just look at her. in complete awe shes still as gorgeous as the day i met her. but how am i gonna tell her im the reason she's been here for 2 years... "jack" i look around confused as fuck as too who just said my name "jack" i hear a little croak again. omg. it's her. jules said my name! i rush to her side and hold her hand. "why am i here? what happened? how long was my nap?" she asks. i thought she wasn't supposed to be able to remember to speak but oh well. "oh... um maybe when your more awake i'll tell you what happened. i don't think it's really something you want to immediately know." i say trying not to look at her as i sit there with tears in my eyes.

*doctor comes in*

"hey mr.hughes?" the doctor says. "can you step outside with me please" i get up and stand in the hall way. "so this is very rare for her to wake up like this and being able to speak after being asleep for 2 years, we would like to keep her here for a couple more months to monitor, and get her started with physical therapy and speech therapy. you may come visit her whenever, but i don't know how much of her memory she may have... she might remember who you are, but not how she met you, or what you guys were. anything about a year prior to her incident she may remember, we're lucky she can talk" the doctor says as i just sit there and just think. i'm gonna have to tell her how we met and what we were to each other. do i tell her what we were? or for her safety just not say anything and pretend we were never a thing, i don't want to get mad and have her get hurt again. i don't know what to do...

Jules pov
i sit in my bed looking at these two strange men. one with dark rich brown hair and an ugly beard. and one with blond curly hair who is scarily tall. they brought me flowers and stuffies so maybe i know who they are? the only one i know is jack. i think he was something to me but im not so sure. i don't even know why im here. no one will tell me and im getting frustrated. but on the other note. these men? won't stop staring at me? and it's creeping me out. "can i help you?" i say with a questioning look. "oh um when we found out you woke up we got here as fast as we could." the blonde one speaks. "okay um who are you two?" i ask unsure. their faces drop. and the dark haired boy walks out crying. "did i say something wrong?" i ask. "no, um. i'm like that's my brother quinn. we are jacks brothers. we met you when you moved to michigan in highschool" luke says sniffly smiling as he thinks of the memories. "i'm sorry i really don't remember any of that." i say super guilty. "i know. it's okay. it's not your fault" like says with a sweet smile. "can you tell me why i'm here?"....

jacks pov
i look inside the room to see jules talking to luke. she looks to be questioning him but i can't read lips so i don't know. just as the doctor walks away quinn comes out crying. "woah woah what happened?" i say as i look at him curious. "she doesn't remember us. just you. she doesn't remember meeting us of highschool. if you wouldn't have gotten mad at her she would still know who we were!" quinn screams with tears plastering his cheeks. he's right. 100% right. it's all my fault. "hey what matters right now is that she's awake and alive!" i say back trying not to yell. "so be thankful" i say. as i walk back into the room and rush back to her side. she greets me with a soft smile "hi jack" she says. "hi jules". "i was talking to your brothers. luke is super sweet. i think i may have said something that upset quinn. i'm sorry i didn't mean too" she says with guilt on her face. "no, you didn't say anything wrong, everyone is just really emotional right now" i say rubbing my fingers across her forehead. "i don't get why? can someone just tell me why i'm here?" she says for like the 50th time. "not right now jules, just not yet" i say with sorrow i feel bad. i know she just wants to know. and she has every right to know. but just not yet. she's not well enough yet. it breaks her heart seeing her here. for the past almost 2 years. the guilt has never gone away. and unfortunately i don't think it ever will.

sorry yall. i've been gone for so long. i graduated highschool in a couple days!!!! that's all that's new with life😭