C H A P T E R T W O

FERN'S POV

I faced the governor while I swallowed down every loathing opinion I bore towards him. This wasn't my first nor my second encounter with the thin, pale political figure, and I was betting this time wouldn't be my last. Nonetheless, I summoned my most courteous disposition as he addressed me in his domineering accent.

"Ah, CT-9900, was it?" He puffed his chest and raised his chin, as if to appear more authoritative - frankly, he only made more of a womp rat of himself. "The last time we were at each other's service, we were on Coruscant, no? My, how you've grown since."

"Governor," I managed a calm and reverent tone. By my observations already, it would be best to be "obedient," just as the regular clones were behaving. "I'm surprised to see you of all people on Kamino, considering your...view of clones. What brings you here, if I may ask?"

"You may not." Tarkin retorted bluntly, folding his hands behind his back. "It is none of your concern." He paused for a moment, eyeing the female clone attentively. "That was quite the show you and your team of misfits put on in the mess hall."

Oh, great, he saw that. "Apologies for the correction, but I am not a member of Clone Force 99. I work my missions alone. Sir."

"Indeed." Tarkin responded with a brow raised. "And where was your last mission executed?"

"Utapau."

"Ah," His snake eyes gleamed. "And did you execute Order 66 accordingly?"

"Commander Cody and his squad beat me to it, I report."

"I see, good." Tarkin then started to stroll passed me.

Don't you dare touch me.

"Carry on then. I suspect you will need rest until your next assignment."

"Much obliged, Governor."

"It's Admiral, now."

"Apologies, Admiral."

Once Tarkin was long behind me, my face flared as my hands twitched at my sides; they then balled up into fists until my knuckles turned white. I hung my head to avoid eye contact with any passerbys as I marched back to my dorm room. Once the panel door sealed shut, I huffed the biggest sigh in my lifetime and collapsed my back into it. I then gazed up at the plain grey ceiling as I exhaled once more, but through my nose, releasing the last bit of irritation.

"General Kenobi? Do you copy? General, please respond if you are still alive. General Kenobi!"

I shook the memory out of my mind. It was over. What has been done...was done.

"Clone Force 99, please report to the Training Facility." The elegant voice of Nala Se suddenly sounded over the intercom.

Why would the boys be wanted there? With their 100% success rate, they couldn't possibly accommodate an adequate training session. Wrecker alone just tears things up. I pondered on any theories, and then grimaced. This has Tarkin written all over it.

Part of me wanted to go watch their session just to see if it was true. On the other hand, I would never bother wasting my time laying even a blink on my defectively-enhanced counterparts.

But...I loved being right.

—————————————————————

THIRD PERSON POV

When Fern arrived at one of the empty balconies where one could observe squad training sessions, she immediately spotted Prime Minister Lama Su and Admiral Tarkin stationed at the main control center. She stayed hidden from their vision behind the jutted wall. Stretching her neck to observe the Bad Batch from her reserved box, she saw everything seemed to be going as planned so far. They had Crosshair up top where he had his keen eyes everywhere. Tech was armed with his electro bombs that he attached to droids and short-circuited their systems. Echo, an excellent marksman, followed suit while Hunter sliced through droids with his large vibro-knife, and Wrecker, well, wrecked them.